Ratings for Dr. Mangala J. Shetty

I have seen Dr. Shetty for nearly a year... Every visit she asks me what's wrong with me... I have to explain I have two hip replacements one broken femur with titanium rod instead of leg bone . Every visit. Dr. Shetty recommends spine surgery..... Like it was a bunionectomy... I know I'm in pain I have to take medicine but I'm scared of spine surgery.... It's something you have to give careful consideration to... I have had more injuries from doctors then I have had cures. No compassion.... Doctor Shetty insist I have spine surgery.... and she actually becomes irritated with me when I tell her I'm not ready for that yet. It's only been six months that we've been talking about it and it's going to take me a little bit of time to get myself ready for another surgery. I had three major surgeries in six months time I'm just not quite ready to go back into surgery again. Dr. Shetty does not have compassion for anyone that is in pain...... she looks at you like you're an addict... I'm a 65 year old woman with no history of drug use... I would be so grateful to be out of pain but I have to take a medium type pain pill... gives me small relief... and I have to put up with 2 hour appointments waiting to see Dr. Shetty ,a staff that ignores you and I've even seen bugs in her office which I stepped on with my shoe and killed.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Terrible unless you are an abuser that loves to take and sell pills. No Privacy and can hear everything. Overheard someone explaining that they lost their meds for the THIRD time and what did this doctor do? Writes another script. Horrible bedside manner and I have video of her being nasty to my wife. worst doctor ever.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I have been a patient for many years. I could not be in better hands. I appreciate the time she gives to my care. I don't feel like I'm on an assembly line. She is very knowledgeable in her field. The wait times could improve but, you get just as much equal time as anyone else! I would rather wait, then feel "rushed". Every time I see her she not only remembers me, but remembers my condition, which means a lot. Highly recommend!! Wallace,D.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I have never had an appointment that lasted less than 2hours. The longest was 2 hours and 35 minutes. It is ridiculous. She also acts as if my pain is not real, and shrugs off everytime I ask for a referral to another neurologist to ACTUALLY do surgery on my bone spurs so I am NOT on pain meds for the rest of my life! You NEVER get a live person when you call for a question or refills, which even if you follow instructions tend to be screwed up 30% of the time.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Dr. Mangala J. Shetty's Credentials

• Univ Of Nigeria, Coll Of Med, Enugu, Anambra, Nigeria (Grad. 1986)