Ratings for Dr. Monteath Pape

Dr Pape was my doctor for may years as well as my Husband and Children. We were very disappointment when he gave up his family practice. I could alway joke with him and felt very comfortable with him. I never had a problem with him and when my children were sick and his office was closed he would have me bring them to the emergency and take care of them. To this day I don't have a family doctor and would like to see him back in family practice.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

My experience with Dr. Pape was good. I had him as a family doc for about 2-3 years. He seemed to know what he was doing and came off courteous and funny. However, like the other raters Dr. Pape can be quite rude and unsensitive. On finding out a diagnosis from him he made a comment I would and still would 'f*ck someone up' for in the street. I also ran into Dr. Pape at emergency one night. Again there was his kind of high-brow, better than everyone behaviour. He closed up the family practice and apparently just does emerg now.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008

This Doctor misdiagnosed my father in 1998,myself in 1997 and 1999.My dad collasped at his house one afternoon,he was rushed to Scaborough General.He passed out having severe instantanious pains in his left temple area.I arrived at the hospital after all the X-rays,spoke with this doctor,he said" Were going to send your dad home,he's got a bad headache",,I turned to him sternly and said " Hy dad hasn't had a migrane all his life,it knocked him out!",,,he then replied something like" We know what we're doing here are you a doctor?" after jawing back and forth,with me doing most of the jawing he agreed to have the radiologished paged to come in to have another look.After the Radiologist's review they found a small clouded area in his temple area.My instincts were right,my dad had an anurism.He had maybe 1? 2? 5? hours to live? As they were shuttling him to a Neuralogigal hospital down-town,I cursed at that Dr.,telling him that "he'd better live through this" My dad did.What a Moron

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007

Sarcastic, condescending, disrespectful, uncaring....rude to patient and family

flag | Submitted February 28, 2007