Ratings for Dr. Scott MacLean

I went to see this "dentist" for implants. What an eye opener. He is so phoney. Brags about himself during the entire consult. He was also very rude and talked down to his staff. No thanks. I will go elsewhere. He really needs to work on his personality.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

What the previous posters say is all true! Never again will I go to him. ego ego ego!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I was not impressed with this dentist or his assistant, Cathy. I will definitely not be going back to Dr. MacLean. I'm tired of the long waits and the feeling of being rushed while I am in the chair. Yes, I have insurance but I believe I should still get good service and be allowed to ask questions without being made to feel like a nuisance. Good riddance!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I will not be returning to this dentist. He is condescending and just wants to treat every problem with implants. He was not friendly to his staff, not gentle and his jokes were inappropriate. Very pigheaded man.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I became so disappointed with the quality of work by Dr. MacLean that I had to find another dentist. I also found that he was very moody: sometimes nice and other times barely time to speaks to me or listen to concerns and rushed through my appointment. I also did not find the people at the front desk very organized. I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Horrible personality and is just about the money. Staff did not speak well of him either. I won't go back to him.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Dr Maclean is the main reason for my dental phobia. I was his patient growing up, and he always made me feel very uncomfortable during my visits with his impatient, scolding demeanor. It's almost as if he was annoyed, or even angry with me if I had a cavity or any issue at all. This made me want to avoid dentist visits altogether...so I did. When I had a tooth fracture I went back to see him for the first time in several years, and he looked at me with so much disgust, as if I was a complete low life, when all I wanted was help. I should have realized I could just easily switch dentists and not bother with him, or even put myself in that situation, but I was young and naive. I have since moved on and found a new dentist who is patient, caring and thorough. I can still remember seeing a new dentist and being amazed at how different the experience was, and how I was looked at as a person, not just an annoyance, a piece of trash. It really bothers me to think of how many other patients of his may have had similar experiences that led to fear of dentists and neglect of oral hygiene. I was honestly shocked to check these ratings and find anything that was above the lowest score possible. Terrible dentist, terrible person.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I am already nervous going to the dentist and Dr. MacLean did little to alleviate my anxiety. His cold and impatient manner did nothing to put me at ease. He seemed in a bad mood and I didn't like to ask any questions so I sat there but I will not be going back! I did not find the staff to be particularly friendly and there was a long wait at the front desk while Cathy sorted things out. Overall, I am confident with my decision to find another dentist.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I had an experience similar to the poster from Oct 21, 2016. I was a fairly new patient of the clinic and the denist I had been seeing left the clinic, but I only had one filling left of some necessary dental work so I decided to have it done at TriMac. I did not feel good about the appointment while I was there, it felt rushed, rough, and inattentive, and he barely spoke to me, let alone explain anything as he was doing. No pain prior to the appt and consistent pain after, the kind that interferes with daily life. I went back after a month or two (it takes my mouth a while to settle after dental work so I gave it extra time) and had someone adjust the filling, hoping it was a bite issue, but the pain remained. I managed it by taking ibuprofen constantly, but I wasn't going back to that clinic a 3rd time. Was able to get in to see my previous dentist, and had the bite issue fixed, no more pain. To top it off, when I called to have my records transferred, the front desk "found" a fee owing from my last visit, of which I hadn't been informed after an additional two months. I was told it was an exam fee for the visit in which I had the filling repaired/ adjusted. I questioned it further because it didn't make sense that it hadn't been noted at all in the time that had passed, and I had paid another fee the day of the visit so how was the fee for the visit missed? Luckily the clinic "waived" it after my questioning and I was able to have my records transferred. Would recommend against this dentist, maybe the clinic in total based on behavior in general of front desk staff.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Horrible dentist! He arrived late (almost 30 mins) and rushed through my filling. He then tried to tell me that I should have the tooth pulled and an implant. When I told him I wanted to keep my tooth he acted like I was a waste of his time! He couldn't wait to be rid of me. I've since had the filling redone by a different dentist who said his filling wasn't sealed properly. Now I have no pain and was told I would be able to keep my tooth for a very long time. He has no bedside manor, but he does think highly of himself. Staff seemed scared around him but very nice otherwise

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016