Ratings for Dr. Maria Bleszynski

Dr.Bleszynski has zero bedside manner. I had been informed that she pushes for c-sections and I initially did not believe it to be true. When I was in labour, she told me I needed a c-section as I was not dialating fast enough, I asked if me or my baby was in danger and she said no. She then announced to the room of nurses and family that she was leaving and “when I was done proving myself to everybody, she would be back for a c-section”, she refused to acknowledge that I was in the room and was speaking about me as if I was not there. She refused to answer any concerns I had unless I confirmed that I would do the (medically unnecessary) c-section. I know several people who she has given c-sections to and every single person has a horror story from her. During a nurse shift change, I overheard two of my nurses discussing the doctors on shift and how awful she was to them and the staff and when they saw that I overheard, they only could say “she’s not that bad” Do yourself a favour if you’re delivering at Surrey memorial and do not let this doctor come near you.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Horrible experience so far. Waiting time ranging from 1.5h to 2 hours. Cancel my appointment last minutes without someone to step in for her. I should listen to the reviewers prior to accept her as my Ob. Staff is very rude.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Ahhh run away!! Horrible experience with this lady. Cant speak english properly, very hard to understand. She is rude, very impatient and gave me bad vibes. Had to stick her hand inside to check baby and was aggressive, no smiles or calming words just cold. I was really worried about having her delivering my baby and I wanted to go as long as I could without an epidural. She looked at me as if I was stupid, cranked up pitocin quickly and said I was 9 centemters dialated when another gynecolgyst asked where the heck I got that information as I was only 6. Ending with my baby getting a swollen head and crowned ane baby being in distress so thankgod the next gynecolyst was able to take over. I ended up with a c section.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I had very good experience with Dr. Bleszynski.She was great during my pregnancy. She did all the appropriate tests. Her staff was very nice. They called me in advance if there was issues with appointments. They adjusted my appointments as per my needs. I did not wait more than 30 minutes in her office. If there is delay, I can understnd that Dr. Bleszynski is helping another patient who needs more help than me at that time. I feel that we should understand that there can be delay in medical profession as doctors are doing their best to help and treat patients. On the other hand I can understand patient’s frustration as they have other tasks to do. My experience with Dr. Bleszynski is that she is not sugar coated person but does her job perfectly.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

She is an excellent Dr. She is quick and to the point. She says it as it is with no sugar coating and I like that. The draw back is getting through on the phone line and the wait time but even that has improved since the new receptionist she hired. I'd recommend her!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

well how do i start , for one dr.B was rather aggressive during the removal of my son and i am very sore . not from the scar . but up in my stomach like closer to my chest no where near the incision . never mine that she had lost all my paper work and tried to sign her name on the paper work and the go a head for the c-section and the ok for the blood transfuion and we had talked about not using staples during every visit i had with her and i woke up to had been stapled and over brused stomach ,its been well over a week sense i had the surgery and in the info they send you home with i should be healed and no pains . but my stomach is still tender and swollen . and from what my husband seen she was really aggressive when removing our son . she doesnt listen , she rushes her paitens out the door , and gives off the vibe of no care . for the most part i wouldnt go back to her ! she seems to like the younger generation . if your are older she doesnt seem to take interest in what you have to say dont get me wrong the staff is amazing but bleszynski is a terrible doc .

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Your receptionist does not even have the knowledge that mri can be done on patients with metal prosthetics. I am patient of bcca for 7 years and this rudest staff of yours kept saying she cant book me for mri stating its not possible eventhough i kept telling her i have gotten it done yearly.she didnt listen, stubborn, ignorant,lack of empathy and knowledge does not listen. When i asked her to check my medical history she said she doesnt have time to check that and they dont store that information for patients.so what the facts and medical knowledge were you basing my treatment on if you dont know about my history which dr maria noted herself on her computer infront of me many times!receptionists you need an attitude change . You are absolutely despecable. I left your office in tears and I sincerely hope you get fired

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Front staff are not very pleasant. Doctor is not compassionate. Bad experience here, i will not re-book another appointment here again.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

This new "better" staff is clueless as to what they are doing. The doctor claims otherwise. I haven't been to a more horrible and dysfunctioning office in my life. BEWARE!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

This place has gotten worse and worse. First the wait times were ridiculous, now it's worse. The Dr is very impatient and doesn't know how to talk to people. No idea how this office is running. Should close this place down!!!! No respect for people, silly and rude doctor and bad manners.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017