Ratings for Dr. Paul A. Rodriguez

Dr Rodriguez is a wonderful doctor! I have been going to him for a few years with pain from a hip replacement. When pain started down my leg he diagnosed and offered treatment plan. Never do I feel rushed at our appointments. He calms my nervousness through the epidural shots, that I get when I feel I need them. He has never pushed me into anything. his epidurals are painless and right on the mark.His office staff is also wonderful. After reading some of the more negative reviews on some sites, it is easy to see that these particular reviews are from people that are looking for a pill mill. If he doesn't give them what they want they write these totally unfounded reviews. He does not take patients off the street, only ones referred by the hospital and other doctors. After being in the medical field for 40 years, I am very cautious about who I or my family goes too. Rest assured Dr Rodrigues will take care of you and your needs. I would never go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2013

Dr. Rodriguez and his staff were both very polite and helpful. My husband presented with a very severe case of sciatica, pain in the 9-10 range, and no relief from any of the narcotics prescribed by a family physician. He was referred to Dr R. who explained the situation after reviewing x-rays and MRI with the two of us. He explained what he felt was the right treatment, in this case a series of epidurals, and the risks and probable results of the injections with a great deal of clarity...I had no trouble understanding what he was telling us and he answered every question I asked. He never made us feel rushed. As Canadians on vacation with a major health issue he helped us through a very rough time. His staff were always very polite and his nurse Catherine had a smile that was immediately reassuring. As for phone calls being returned, we never had a problem, even when we had to cancel an appointment. My husband would return to see him anytime, although we hope he never has to.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

No human ever available to answer calls. Even the hospital told me he does not answer after hours for emergencies. Office staff does not answer messages left, rude, incompetent. Dr stated incompetent staff not his problem, yelled at me for trying to get help and records by calling him after hours as answering a patient after hours is something he refuses to do as his time is far too valuable and faxing records when his staff is literally incapable of such simple tasks is beneath him. Left 5 unreturned messages and had to go his office to get a phone call returned by him. Ironically, both he and his staff yelled at me for harrasing them. Failed to inform me of extreme risks of recommended care at any time and I had to research them myself. Truly the scariest and most unprofessional "care provider" I have ever encountered. Exemplifies the worst of the profession.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

Dr. Paul A. Rodriguez's Credentials

• Nova Se Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Ft Lauderdale Fl 33328 (Grad. 1994)