Ratings for Dr. Pramod K. Yadhati

Dr. Yadhati takes the time not just to listen but works with me to be actively engaged in my health. Some may claim he doesn't provide enough meds or listens but that has not been my experience. He is careful about prescribing meds. Being at a pain management doctor, that is a long term experience and not just a one time thing. The doc is careful because it is long term and can affect one's health. He works to treat my condition and not just the pain. There was a point when I just wanted pain meds and kept calling for refills but didn't want to go see him regularly. He declined a refill and said I needed to come in. When I asked for more meds he said he wanted to ensure I was getting the right treatment and that my health was ok, that was why I needed to maintain my regular appointments. Just taking pills is not the way to improve quality of life. I found that the more I was engaged in conversation and working with him the more I saw it was about quality of life. Being a patient of his is long term, not just once in a great while when I am sick like my primary doc. Yadhati wants to manage your pain (not just treat it) but more so treat your condition as best he can. The more engaged in my care, and the open I am about my condition, what is going on and where I am the better my treatment has been. He has encouraged me to be involved, not to just as for a refill and make an appt in a month. When I need to be challenged he does, and when I need help to manage my pain he listens and works with me, and doesn't just throw meds at me. He works with me because this is long term, and the meds and treatment impact my health now and in the future. The staff is very kind. After being referred to a surgeon for having a recent surgery I had to call and reschedule

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I am very upset with this doctor. I was referred to him by my orthopedic surgeon. I have a genetic bone disorder that causes the bones in my left foot to weaken and break. I've also had several tumors removed out of my foot. The purpose of me going there was to find ways for me to deal with the fact that everytime I take a step I have horrible pain. He comes in, sits down, asks a few questions and then talks about you into his recorder right about you while you're still sitting there. He put me on an anti seizure medicine which made me very ill. When I went back to him and told him I didn't want to take that medicine anymore he decided that I should up my dosage from 3 pills a day to 4 pills a day. I asked him if I could have something for pain and he gave me a speech about being a "seeker" Seriously, worst doctor I've ever been too. I've taken ten pills for pain in the last year, I've barely been off my couch in a month and he treats me like I'm some kind of junkie.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

The staff is always changing, there was a very nice front desk lady but she's no longer there. With his rudeness its no wonder he has such a high turn over rate.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

I went to Dr. Yadhat's office after being out of work for 3 days due to severe pain. I am recovering from ACDF surgery, and am determined to get my life back.I had never had a cortisone shot; however, at this point, I was desperate. He advised that I could not have a cortisone shot because "of acute pain, and you will not be able to tolerate it." He then prescribed hydrocodone... again. I then asked if I could have a doctor's note for the last three days. Upon which time I was advised, "I didn't tell you not to go to work." He then only gave me a note for that day. How does a doctor say in one sentence that he cannot even give me a cortisone shot due to my acute pain, and in the following sentence, tell me that he cannot give me a doctor's note for my 3 days of missed work because he "did not tell me not to go to work"?This doctor is rude, lacks any and all compassion for patients in real pain, and only cares about how many patients (prescriptions) he can fit into a single day.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Dr. Pramod K. Yadhati's Credentials

• Osmania Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Ap, India (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wilmington, DE