Ratings for Dr. Cynthia Pyper

She is the worst family doctor/GP. No knowledge about anything! She has terrible social skills, has to google answers, and does NOT pay attention to her patients whats so ever! She is always, always late, and beyond rude! Terrible person, terrible GP.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

She Googled the information then read the screen to me! He!! I did that at home. I fell and had great pain and still she would not recommend X-rays nor physio. She's always running late by 2 hours; yet the waiting room is empty. Her staff is pleasant.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Pretty darn awful doctor, totally lacking in bedside manner plus social skills - but also not knowledgeable or competent! I wish i never met her!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

RUDE; diagnosis on placenta left in me causing excessive bleeding not trustworthy - sent me home stating, "you'll pee it out"... Debra no longer there - the only positive point in that office

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

I have tried on several occasions to try to make my experiences with Dr Pyper positive and realized they are just never going to be. It is very difficult to be heard and understood by her, as she cannot see beyond the fog of her own assumptions. She will go off on tangents and talk for an extended period of time about scenarios that either do not relate to your symptoms or are blatant assumptions about what she "thinks" you are dealing with. You simply cannot convince her that your symptoms or feelings could possibly be associated with something other than what she's already decided in her mind. I have been unsuccessful in getting my health problems handled properly under her care.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I went in for an appointment today. I arrived at 4 and was not seen until 5. I was already anxious about talking to her about this and sitting there for an hour did not help. After I explained that I wanted the birth control patch instead of the pill she sat there and USED GOOGLE to figure out what it was she was going to prescribe me as well as the dosage. If she doesn't know things that are as small as birth control how can you trust her with something bigger. I am currently in the market for a new doctor as I cannot take this anymore. She needs to retire.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

The only good thing in this office is Debra. Have been with this doctor for several years and it is time to look for a new one. She is getting worse as time goes on - maybe time for her to retire? She had always been direct, but able to answer questions. Now she is quite rude and showing signs of incompetence. Forgets when she has given prescriptions and lab requisitions. Doesn't even look at you, but is focused on her computer. She seems unable to address health issues in one visits and is always putting thing off to the next visits. She is fixated on weight - maybe because she is anorexic?

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Worst doctor I have seen. Her knowledge is very poor. Left me in the middle of the visit w/o excusing me and when was back.she said nothing. She did not answer any of my questions of my condition. She said when I fell down I will send u to CT scan. Nice.!. Never again to see her. Our health must be treated in a much better way. Terrible.!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Anytime I go for an appointment I have to wait at least half an hour to be seen, although it usually ends up being about an hour or sometimes even longer. She is absolutely terrible with mental illness and instead of finding ways to treat me she sits there and lectures me. I find she often goes on tangents about things that are completely unrelated to my situation and things I really just don't care about. She prescribed me medication that psychiatrists had taken me off of because I was getting horrible side-effects from it. I am now even sicker than I was because of her. Not only this but if you go to a walk-in clinic that isn't hers she gets upset, if you go to the hospital instead of waiting a million years to see her she gets upset. If you ask for a referral for specialized care or even for copies of YOUR OWN medical history and diagnoses she gets upset and has a hard time giving them to you. Struggling with poor self-image and an eating disorder, having your doctor call you fat and tell you not to eat any carbs was outrageous. Being a Doctor, she should know that carbs give you energy. An athlete should never be recommended a carb-free diet, or anyone really for that matter. She is an absolutely horrible doctor and I cringe anytime I have to go for an appointment. I cannot stand her and am currently seeking a new family doctor. The only reason I even go and see her is to get my prescriptions renewed. If I was actually sick or something was wrong with me I would NEVER go back to her for "help". She is a horrible doctor and an even worse human being. She is inconsiderate and doesn't care about her patients at all.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Every time I go for an appointment, I have to wait minimum 30 minutes to be seen. She is pretty good at remembering things about me and my health, but she often goes on tangents about things that I don't really care about at the moment since I know my time with her is pressed. The staff always opens the door during the appointment to say how behind she is ("Thirty"). I always feel like I can't ask her about everything I want to because it will take too long and I feel like I'm taking up too much of her time. Recently she booked me for a pap test, I came for the appointment and then she says that I don't need one and to come back in a few months. Okay? Waste of time. I never feel completely satisfied about my health after leaving and sometimes I don't even understand what she is talking about and I leave confused.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015