Ratings for Dr. Cynthia Pyper

The only good thing in this office is Debra. Have been with this doctor for several years and it is time to look for a new one. She is getting worse as time goes on - maybe time for her to retire? She had always been direct, but able to answer questions. Now she is quite rude and showing signs of incompetence. Forgets when she has given prescriptions and lab requisitions. Doesn't even look at you, but is focused on her computer. She seems unable to address health issues in one visits and is always putting thing off to the next visits. She is fixated on weight - maybe because she is anorexic?

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Worst doctor I have seen. Her knowledge is very poor. Left me in the middle of the visit w/o excusing me and when was back.she said nothing. She did not answer any of my questions of my condition. She said when I fell down I will send u to CT scan. Nice.!. Never again to see her. Our health must be treated in a much better way. Terrible.!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Anytime I go for an appointment I have to wait at least half an hour to be seen, although it usually ends up being about an hour or sometimes even longer. She is absolutely terrible with mental illness and instead of finding ways to treat me she sits there and lectures me. I find she often goes on tangents about things that are completely unrelated to my situation and things I really just don't care about. She prescribed me medication that psychiatrists had taken me off of because I was getting horrible side-effects from it. I am now even sicker than I was because of her. Not only this but if you go to a walk-in clinic that isn't hers she gets upset, if you go to the hospital instead of waiting a million years to see her she gets upset. If you ask for a referral for specialized care or even for copies of YOUR OWN medical history and diagnoses she gets upset and has a hard time giving them to you. Struggling with poor self-image and an eating disorder, having your doctor call you fat and tell you not to eat any carbs was outrageous. Being a Doctor, she should know that carbs give you energy. An athlete should never be recommended a carb-free diet, or anyone really for that matter. She is an absolutely horrible doctor and I cringe anytime I have to go for an appointment. I cannot stand her and am currently seeking a new family doctor. The only reason I even go and see her is to get my prescriptions renewed. If I was actually sick or something was wrong with me I would NEVER go back to her for "help". She is a horrible doctor and an even worse human being. She is inconsiderate and doesn't care about her patients at all.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Every time I go for an appointment, I have to wait minimum 30 minutes to be seen. She is pretty good at remembering things about me and my health, but she often goes on tangents about things that I don't really care about at the moment since I know my time with her is pressed. The staff always opens the door during the appointment to say how behind she is ("Thirty"). I always feel like I can't ask her about everything I want to because it will take too long and I feel like I'm taking up too much of her time. Recently she booked me for a pap test, I came for the appointment and then she says that I don't need one and to come back in a few months. Okay? Waste of time. I never feel completely satisfied about my health after leaving and sometimes I don't even understand what she is talking about and I leave confused.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Rude VERY RUDE and unknowlegable. Just google the internet and you'll have the same knowledge. Misdiagnosed my son 3 times for pneumonia and I state THREE times. She sent him for an x-ray at hospital and they said that he only had a cold and an ear infection. Second time same thing and for the third time a doctor AND a student.. Get it? A STUDENT checked my son and they both said that he had an ear infection not pneumonia And they told us that my son is 2 years old and shouldn't be exposed to x-rays this much. If a doctor cannot diagnose an ear infection than that is questionable. I don't really care if she's rude or cold or crappy. I just want a doctor that has knowledge and not worry about her misdiagnosis. I also agree about her being disgusted by little kids. The way she acts around them is so pethatic. Her clinic is always empty and I always wait for an hour for some reason. I would not recommend her to anyone not even to the people I hate.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Have been with this DR. for over 20 years and has always nailed everything that has been wrong with me. Sometimes she is very blunt and other times shows compassion .I totally trust her with my health but find sometimes i get a short answer to a question but understand if it was more serious she would spend the time needed for me to understand my situation. Most of the time she is late but I understand some patients need more time like I have in a few cases. Have had 9 operations that were successful .If you need a hug or your hand held this wont happen but if your looking to stay healthy DR.Pyper is excellent in her field.Also Debra is amazing at her organization of follow ups,booking test at other locations.Have never had to call wondering if my tests were ok.An appointment to discuss was always made very close to the time the results were in. I understand everyone has a different opinion of what a DR. should be like. This is mine and at 58 im very healthy because I have a good DR. who has done her job very well . Very happy with the care I receive.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

After many visits with long wait times and not being able to ask more then 2 questions per visit came the final straw. I was left in the middle of a Pap test for her to take a personal call regarding real estate while my feet were in the stirrups and the exam room door not closed all the way. She may have knowledge in the medical field, but poor social skills and bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Dr. Pyper may have the requisite medical knowledge (I can't say firsthand since I only had very routine medical care with her in the years she was my doctor), but she lacks a basic ability to relate to people and has very poor bedside manner. She made several very strange, offensive remarks to me while I was in her care about "fatties" (referring to the fact that it was strange that I was having issues with my menstrual cycle because normally that happens to "the fatties"); also told me not to drink milk while I was pregnant because I would get too fat; and treated me like a teenager when discussing birth control. I don't know how anyone can feel comfortable in her care. She's one odd lady.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr. Pyper went exceedingly above and beyond for our family during the most difficult time in our lives. I cannot thank her enough for being so accessible and for all she did for our family. She has been and continues to be a wonderful professional in our corner.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Misdiagnosed shingles as a fever rash. Very rude, cold and uncaring. happiset time was when i left te office and found another Dr.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011