Ratings for Dr. Clarence Bankay

I saw Dr. Bankay for a year. He is clearly uncomfortable around plus sized women. He never once touched me. Once he did my blood pressure with a disgusted look on his face, from then on he pawned me off on the pharmacist. I saw the pharmacist exclusively. Every chance he got he did something to hurt me. I lost weight for surgery (over 40 lbs) and was proud of myself. When I saw him after he was dismissive of my accomplishment and once again had that look of disgust. A few months later, when I threw my back out at work my fiance gave me one of his pills (something I was on before so thought nothing of it). I didn't think I did anything wrong so I didn't hide it from the pharmacist. Once Bankay found out he kicked me out of his practice and after twelve years of pain management he cut me off cold turkey. A similar situation happened with my friend weeks before (found in a urine test) and was given a second chance told not to do it again. Since then a neighbour told me similar. That he purposely took fentynol from his pain clinic and Banker's prescription. When Bankay found out Bankay did nothing except tell him not to do that again and increased his medication (so much he sells more than half every month. I think the guy he discriminated against in an earlier review and I should get together to sue Bankay.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I had Dr. Bankay as my family doctor since I was a child. Fired him as my doctor this past year. After Bankay saw nothing where there was visually something wrong I sought out another doctor who sent me in to the first available slot for surgery to have multiple growths removed. Also known to prescribe more than the necessary amount of percocet when asked by a patient (direct word of mouth by the patient who requested a refill). It is time Dr. Bankay hangs up his white coat and calls it quits to make room for a younger, more detail-oriented physician.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I was leaving the country for vacation, and called to have a physical. I called the office for an appointment in June, and was told that Dr. Bankay will not be doing physicals until July??? I fired him and sought out another MD. A week later I received a call from the office stating that he would do my physical before July, and when would I like the appointment. Too late by this time. Such a caring MD.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Great doctor! Always on time. Can usually be seen within a day or two. Receptionists are pleasant and nurses are great. All around good experience in office and by phone.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

Good doctor, but shed staff are brutal..not helpful mean and not supportive at all.. And a particular nurse or someone on the phones is very rude

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr Bankay has been my doctor for about 18 yrs and he is a fabulous doctor he is patient and very knowledgable and genuwinely cares about his patients needs and their health he has always worked with me to try to achieve healthiness for me and has always put my best intrest 1st and yes he does not over prescribe meds for no reason , I will miss him when he does decide to retire he has always been good to me . as for the Staff I have 3 favorite nurses who have always been a tremendous help to me but I find the reception staff needs some improvement in people skills..

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

An old school doctor, who not only excellent as a physician, but one of the few left that still cares about people. He is backed up by very knowledgeable nurses, who are also fitted very well in the medical profession. After that it goes down hill all the way to the bottom, by the way patients are treated by the other staff, as more of an inconvenience, as opposed to people with a problem that need help.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

My first time and only time seeing this supposed doctor, he came into exam room did not introduce himself grabbed my face to examine my eye, I was offended and pulled away and asked and whom might you be.? From that point on he was abrupt and and edgy as if I offended him . I would not recommend him .

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr.Clarence Bankay is a homophobic doctor who has insulted me numerous times about my sexuality on more then one occasion.Its 2015 calling your patient a homophobic slur because he wants a a blood test, I don't care if he was "Joking" around or not I didn't find it funny or professional at all.He is "old school" alright in a ignorant bigoted way! Worst doctor ever.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Dr. Bankay is exceptional! He's very caring and extremely helpful to his patients and their families. Unfortunately, I've not had any positive interactions with the office staff. I had difficult experiences, I find one person particularily 'grumpy' and a poor provider of customer service.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015