Ratings for Dr. Graham Pate

After he operated on my knee it was far worse than before. When I went back to see him when it didn't heal he was very unprofessional. I got the operation since I was a long distance runner and he said I would be much better in 6 months. A year after I still could not run! When I told him that it hurts when I run his answer was "then don't run" In my opinion he is not a very good surgeon and based on my experience I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

Great surgeon ! A good communicator and a pleasure to deal with. Unfortunately his receptionist is as dumb as a post ! As a businessman I wonder why he would keep her. I see mine is not the only negative rating on her. Trying to be polite while asking her to do something gets you a condescending attitude. Wouldn't last a day in my office.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr Pate is an excellent surgeon. Had my right knee replaced in Feb 2014...He did a great job,. He will be doing my left knee in July/15.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Very personable, great communicator, and after 2 knee and 1 hip replacements on me, I can comment he's an excellent surgeon!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Just coming up on a year following a left hip replacement. What a stoke of luck having Dr Pate perform the surgery. Dr Pate is both friendly and professional, making the whole experience remarkably stress free, except for the awful C&W music he plays in the OR (LOL). Well, nobody's perfect. But if you need a good orthopedic surgeon, he's your man.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

Had both hip and knee replacement doctor fully explained both procedures in great detail. Surgerys both went great. Followup was great would not hesitate to recommend him or ues him again

flag | Submitted December 15, 2013

Dr. Pate is a great Doctor. He is patient, caring and knowledgeable. Hi is very informative and takes his time with his patients. I did not have surgery but all indications are he is a great technician as well. Unfortunately his receptionist is incompetent and has a major attitude. I find this is a serious problem with receptionists of many specialist Doctors. The Doctors are fine, but the staff are the problem.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Dr Pate fixed my mangled meniscus as I could not do sports. He took me promptly and operated within 90 days of seeing him. I started biking for rehab, and with a couple years rode the hilly Whistler Granfondo. Kudos for the doc for giving me another chance to enjoy life! Al

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I had knee replacement surgery with Dr. Pate 1 year ago. And yes, we all know, the wait time in BC is about 1 year to see an orthopedic surgeon. He is the best ortheopedic surgeon I have ever seen. He is extremely knowledgeable and has done tons of knee replacement surgeries etc., he is patient, explains everything to you so that you understand and he listens to you too which is a big plus.My knee has never been better and I have absolutely no pain. He definitely knows what he is doing, I would always recommend him. He also mentors young upcoming orthopedic surgeons through UBC which I think is very important.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

EXCELLENT!!! Gave me a new knee and gave me back my freedom. NO MORE PAIN. Thanks DOC!!!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012