Ratings for Dr. Robert Davis

I am so relived for two reasons; that this site exists and that everyone feels the same way about this shamefully terrible person. I am also eternally grateful to my mom for being too scared and not wanting me to get surgery from this bas-tard especially. I cannot begin to discuss his callous bedside manner, but most of you are spot on. He walks around like we're wasting his time. He needs to retire because he is not only unwanted in the industry, he is also quite useless. He doesn't do one of the safest procedures out there ( lapband) and manages to mess up the procedures that he can do and ruins peoples lives. I hope and pray none of you have to deal with him again and i wish more people will read these reviews before wasting their precious time going to him.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr Robert Davis saved my life. He was there by me at the hospital and every visit was direct and thorough. He is the very best in his field.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

He saved my life- he is awesome! He removed a failed lap band inserted by another doctor. My weight has stayed off and my health is great.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

I found this doctor be very knowledgeable and friendly. I saw the other comments. Possibly he read them and changed? I just know that I found him very likable and helpful. I did not experience anything negative at all. He is an excellent doctor! Watch him on Big Medicine/Discovery Channel.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

I was relieved to have found this site and looked up Dr. Davis's ratings. Everyone seemed to feel as I have felt for years. He performed gastric surgery on me in February 2002 and I was left traumatized by the surgery. Even though I was extremely sick, I felt as though he could care less. He did not even visit me while I was still at the hospital to see how I was doing. He had to be the most arrogant doctor I have ever met. He basically makes you feel as though you are wasting his time. It took me 3 years to get over that surgery. Steer clear of him!!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

My experience with Dr. Robert Davis is one I wish I had never had. When he talked with my daughter and I prior to a simple appendectomy, he was extremely rude and unwilling to help us understand by saying, "What did I just tell you?" Two weeks post-surgery, I experienced a collapsed bowel which he said was not uncommon following an appendectomy. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

For 3 months after rouen-Y bypass surgery I told him I could not eat more than a spoonful at a time. He dismissed it as "being all in my head." Davis was not in his office for one of my appointments and I saw his son, who finally realized the problem was that rather than being the size of a 50 cent piece, the opening at the end of my esophageous was the size of a coffee stirrer! I had to have 17 esophageal dialations to try to enlarge the opening. All indications were that Davis miscalculated a piece of equipment, but no one from the operating room would testify against him. He denied all liability and I had to pay for all the dilations. This was 4 years ago and I must still have a dilation at least once each year. Robert Davis is an arrogant hack.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

A simple breast lumpectomy turned into much more. My mother had a stroke and had to be hospiced. Dr. Davis did not even get her cancer he cut her open for in the first place. Please, find another surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

He is very abrupt with his patients, he really didn't answer all my questions before my surgery. I would not reccomend going to him if you ask alot of questions and he told me if the pain came back after the surgery not to come back because he couldn't do anything for me.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2005

Dr. Robert Davis's Credentials

• Univ Of The Witwatersrand, Med Sch, Johannesburg, So Africa (Grad. 1963)