Ratings for Dr. Sadru Adatia

I give this physician a ZERO for stupidity! My brother is dying of cancer due to his ignorance and not following through to find out why he had problems with clearing his throat. The physician that saw him at FHH in the ER dept. (this year - 2017) asked him repeatedly if he had mentioned this to Dr. Adatia and he told him that he had mentioned it for the past two years and that the physician just ignored it. A specialist was called and tests were performed. Result was Esophogeal cancer and Stage 2 stomach cancer. If Dr. Adatia had cared enough to have further tests done then my brother would have had a fighting chance. Two years of this BS!!!This guy needs to 1. get more education or 2. QUIT! He doesn't know what to do and how to diagnose a health problem.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

dr. Adatia is amazing, and he's a very knowledgable Doctor. I just can't imagine having a different physician. His current assistant is amazing, and she's always very friendly and pleasant every time I come. You can recognize her because she's the only assistant who smiles.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Absolutely LOVE Dr. Adatia. He has been our family physician for years now, and we can't say enough good things about him. His staff, on the other hand, are a different matter. My mother is a senior who lives quite far from his office and it takes a lot for her to get there. When trying to book appointments, they are so rude to her. I've been on the other line on one occasion just to make sure my mom wasn't exaggerating and had to cut in. The curtness and rudeness of the staff was astounding. No compassion shown whatsoever. Terrible.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Great Doctor! He is a very good knowledgeable physician. He explains your case to you in way you understand. A very decent human being and caring. Very recommended, Very sad to hear he will prepare for retirement. Wish him all the best.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

Well, I can not comment on Adatia as I did not get to see him. What I can comment on is that I was very sick last night. I woke up at 2 with chest pains so I grabbed my laptop to find out what "walk in clinic" opened first. I called the Royal Oak Clinic to see if they had their hours mentioned and they opened at 830. Could barely get myself ready to go and we just had a huge snowfall. I was by myself so I carefully drove to the clinic...only to be greeted with a sign stating "no walkin's". I approach the receptionist and she said "We don't have a walk in Doctor until 1pm". It is Wednesday morning & this supposed "walk in clinic" doesn't have a walk in Doctor until 1?? She offered no suggestions or help whatsoever. I looked at her blankly and turned away, trudging out once again to find a walk in clinic that actually took walk in patients. Just what a person needs when they are sick & the weather is awful!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

Dr Adatia is a wonderful doctor. he is very quick to get you what you truely need. he is proffesional and explains your situtain properly and not rushed to do so. He also has great follow up and makes sure that your getting the care required for the issue. If I have been to a few doctors and I will say that he is a top notch individual on all levels. Hopefully he can consider teaching new and upcoming doctors how to take care of there patients.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

Dr. Adatia, can't say enough about how caring he is "but" when it comes to dealing with Women's Health not so good. I finally had to change doctors after 25 years of seeing Dr. Adatia in order to get the proper treatment. I am sad to leave but also looking forward to being treated like a human again when I check in for my visits. The front end staff will never, ever be missed by me! They make my decision so much easier to leave. I am so tired of the way they treat "everyone" that approaches them! If I had the choice of rating them and them alone out of a 1-10 scale, they would get a -1 from me. It is time this office opened it's eyes to these individuals and replace them with caring people that want to be there!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

His staff are very rude and have no compassion for the clients. When you have a booked appt expect to wait 40 min to 2 hours (doesn't matter the time of day). I spoke to Dr Adatia about this and he said that he likes to take his time with clients, which is great, but then why not book every 15 mins instead of 10? I have been waiting 2 weeks now to find out if I have miscarried, but nobody will call me. I have called 3 days in a row and was promised twice by the staff he would call me, one even told me the time (after 4:50) the third told me I need to book an appt (and wait for 2 hours!! yeah right) to find out if the results were pos or neg. I was told by the Dr and Hospital that my Dr would call me when the results were in. They have been in for a week and I can't get a Dr to call me. The staff don't seem to care at all. I will be finding a new Dr's office where I don't feel like a dollar sign once I finally get my results.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

Great Doctor! Great Listner....and give you plenty of time and explains your case to you in way you understand.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

Super guy. Listens to you and seems to have all the time in the world. I agree that the clinic is often logjammed but that's an administrative issue; they go through receptionists the way Spinal Tap goes through drummers. His nurse is a super sweet lady, too.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010