You may also like

Ratings for Dr. William Ross

Dr William Ross is a real PROFESSIONAL, one of a kind! Kudos and thanks to him!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I personally feel a debt of gratitude to have had this world class surgeon, a leader in his field, save my eyesight on two occasions, fifteen years apart. Thank you Dr. Ross.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Dr Ross is highly professional and an expert in his field. He is well known as a top clinician across the country, and in many international medical circles. He does not tell you this! Far from it. He is very personable, has a ready laugh, and is always forward thinking. I appreciate his candidness, giving the bare facts, alternatives, and then consistent guidance during treatment visits. While you are in his office, his focus is on you, your concerns and care. He listens carefully. No, he is not a chatterers. Words count....yours and his. The staff are delightful and always courteous and helpful. Who wants to be a patient really? But, if you need help, one can be very thankful that their are physicians of this calibre to assist and treat us, particularly when they are trying to save our sight. We are so fortunate to have the Dr Rosses of this world.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

A few years ago Dr. Ross said that I needed a macular hole repair and had me wait almost 21/2 months which allowed the hole to enlarge and become more complex. He did not explain to the procedure to me, nor did the staff and therefore I was very apprehensive during the surgerywhen I heard him say that they were going to remove the vitreous (he was instructing a Fellowship Doctor who obviously did the surgery and I was not pre informed..) There were complications later involving having to laser a bleeding point and as a result of this leaving scar tissue, I now have no central vision. Dr. Ross should have referred me to someone else in order to do the surgery earlier. He withheld information about who would do the surgery. The office is run like a factory, with personal information being heard throughout the packed waiting room, as he does not close the cramped office door. He also misdiagnosed later on, by not even looking at my eye, but from across the room said that there was nothing wrong. (I had conjunctivitis - oink eye) If had taken the time to check it would have been obvious . He is arrogant, inefficient and placates people by saying everything is fine..

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I have spent over 20 years seeing Dr Ross. From the beginning, he has always been distant, cold, and factual. Dr Ross treats his patients as patients; not his personal/social friends. Dr Ross is a PROFESSIONAL. His specific and complex field is completely different from those Dr who"s bed side manner is important to develop trust and comfort. Dr Ross does not have time to waste comforting those who are looking to be cuddled and supported mentally and physically. He is there to heal and fix your eye issues. I have never expected Dr Ross to be anything else than PROFESSIONAL, nor my trusted friend. Dr Ross is DEFINITELY a caring doctor, his ability to continue to expertly care for your vision is proof enough. those who are on this site bad mouthing Dr Ross should not be under his care if they don't realize and appreciate his expertise. Perhaps coffee with a friend would suit their needs more effectively. Wakeup, shut up, and thank God(whichever God suits you), that he has time to fit you in. Last note, if you cannot understand that the "wait time" is at least 1 hour to dilate your eyes so that he can do his job, or that the punctuality of his appointments is not based on appointment time but rather the time necessary to begin his work with you, maybe Dr Ross is not for you. I dread the day he retires and shuts his practice. He is the best; you have the best; chill out and thank him with a coffee card at least!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

My only issue with Dr. Ross and his staff is they will not give you any information about other Dr.s doing the same treatment as he is doing, the Avastin injections. He no longer practices on the North Shore and would have liked him to recommend someone on this side. We had to do our own research and found a Dr. At the Eye West Vision clinic in North Vancouver that is doing the same treatments. We got a referral from our family physicians and can now stay on the North Shore. It would have been helpful if he had told us in the first place.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

My wife and I have both been to Dr Ross for retinal tears and he has saved our eyesight. What greater gift can someone give you, period! Yes, his waiting room is busy, if you cannot understand why, then stop reading this review, your glass will always be half empty. Personally I think he is a superstar with the perfect balance of professionalism and compassion to his patients. If he did not feel any compassion he would not be doing what he does so to all the detractors stop your pathetic whining and grow up.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

About 18 months ago I realized I was losing my sight. Turns out I had Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion. An optician referred me to an optometrist who, in turn referred me to Dr. Ross. I took a look at this site and was both concerned and baffled by the reviews. I am particularly sensitive to curt and abrupt treatment by medical practitioners and when I saw that trait listed among the comments I was a bit worried. But along with those comments I also saw people sharing how he had been kind and caring and so on. I'm very glad I decided to make up my mind for myself. There are definitely wait times, but rarely are you just sitting around purposelessly. As you wait, drops are placed in your eyes to prep you for the actual visit, so that your pupils will already be fully dialated by the time you go to see Dr. Ross. This is not curt, this is efficient. Beyond all that though, Dr. Ross surprised me, by not only being one of the most competent doctors I've encountered, but too, being one of the most caring that I've met. He does not lack for bedside manner. On my first St. Paul's visit, he was intuitive about my fears, and took the time, even in a busy hall to pause and reassure me that I was in good hands and that he and his team would help me. His timing was so perfect, tears actually sprung into my eyes and, admittedly, I felt reassured. People who say he does not chit chat, are accurate. He does, however, answer questions. I've not once felt that he was dismissive toward me or my questions, something of a rarity in today's medical world. Finally, if that wasn't enough, when I went to see him, my vision had dropped to 20/80. After his surgeries, I am back at 20/25. I'm happy to wait a bit before seeing him for that sort of caring interaction along with undeniably effective treatment. Dr. Ross has both my respect and my gratitude.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

a well respected doctor with many years experience. Total disregard for patients time, obvious overbooking,90 minute wait but no apologies. I wonder what his reaction would be if he was kept waiting for an appointment at say his accountants office for over am hour. He must be making significant money at the rate of turnover on the day we were there..

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Very helpful and kind. Very efficient with his time and getting people in and out quickly, without totally feeling like a cattle call. However there were a lot of people in the office already when I arrived for my 8:30 am appointment, and I was there for about 1.5 hours. I chalk it up to a system with not enough doctors, or he's just the best and you just wait for the best. I'm fine with that, but just be prepared and give yourself enough time.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr. William Ross's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr William Ross is a real PROFESSIONAL, one of a kind! Kudos and thanks to him!"

April 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I personally feel a debt of gratitude to have had this world class surgeon, a leader in his field, save my eyesight on two occasions, fifteen years apart. Tha..."

February 4, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Ross is highly professional and an expert in his field. He is well known as a top clinician across the country, and in many international medical circles. He..."

November 1, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "A few years ago Dr. Ross said that I needed a macular hole repair and had me wait almost 21/2 months which allowed the hole to enlarge and become more complex. ..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have spent over 20 years seeing Dr Ross. From the beginning, he has always been distant, cold, and factual. Dr Ross treats his patients as patients; not his p..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "My only issue with Dr. Ross and his staff is they will not give you any information about other Dr.s doing the same treatment as he is doing, the Avastin inject..."

August 4, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.ohsu.edu/". Postal Code has been updated from "V5K0" to "97239". Address has been updated from "None" to "3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Park Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15034947514".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My wife and I have both been to Dr Ross for retinal tears and he has saved our eyesight. What greater gift can someone give you, period! Yes, his waiting room i..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "About 18 months ago I realized I was losing my sight. Turns out I had Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion. An optician referred me to an optometrist who, in turn ref..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "a well respected doctor with many years experience. Total disregard for patients time, obvious overbooking,90 minute wait but no apologies. I wonder what his re..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Very helpful and kind. Very efficient with his time and getting people in and out quickly, without totally feeling like a cattle call. However there were a lo..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "People tend to respond to his communication skills, which are somewhat like being in a Montreal deli -- a mix of well intentioned optimism and well practiced ..."

October 14, 2014