Ratings for Dr. William Ross

Wait times are terrible and he's very rude and arrogant and he speaks very loudly when he sees you, everyone in the room knows condition/disease your eyes have because of this.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

This guy routinely overlooks by one to two hours. His receptionist administers eye drops to multiple patients from one bottle without any gloves or hand washing. No paper towels in the bathroom

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

He is simply the best at what he does! Excellent staff support.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Abrupt, rude, arrogant - transferred to another doctor and getting much better care. Always upset when had to go Dr. Ross' office. Horrible...

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I volunteered to help a disabled senior with vision problems to see Dr Ross today at St. Pauls and was astonished by the poor quality of care received, no matter how great his surgical skills might be. After 50 min wait, he did not even sit down to talk to the patient neither did he explain the disease to us. He walked out of the office without explicitly telling us treatment plans or allowing any room for questions. No wonder this senior never understood what happened to his eyes after multiple visits to this doc. This is so unfortunate and unaccepatble.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Dr Ross saved my eye sight after my retina detached, I think people should admire this great surgeon and his work. God bless him!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Been waiting at his clinic so far for 40 minutes. We have an appointment and showed up on time and are still waiting. This is no way to treat people and is incredibly disrespectful of people's time. We all have places to get to. Fix up your scheduling

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Re the review of August 12, 2015. If a doctor is rude, does not listen, does not allow questions he/she is a BAD DOCTOR, no matter if they are good in their field. That can also indicate lack of confidence in his abilities/knowledge - bluffing his way. Based on the many reviews, he sounds arrogant, indifferent and highly unprofessional. Perhaps he needs to retire. He has obviously lost his edge. As for the five-star reviews - were they submitted by staff, family or friends? I did an averaging of the reviews and did my own rating - never having met him. BTW reviewer, do you work for Starbucks?

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I am an optometrist who is grateful to be able to refer my patients to Dr. Ross for the last 25 years. He is passionate about his work and his patients. Sometimes patients complain to me that they waited too long at their appointment, maybe 2 hours and then Dr. Ross saw them for only 5 minutes. I want to tell these patients that Dr. Ross job is to stop or prevent them from going blind and he will. Dr. Ross helped a patient no one else could and this patient was so grateful he donated $1 Million (this is not a typo) to Dr. Ross' research. Dr. Ross has never refused to see an emergency patient I need to send to him same day although he may be already fully booked. The eye conditions Dr. Ross treats are all at risk of blindness. After having another patient tell me they want to be referred to another Dr. because they waited 2 hours for Dr. Ross, I felt compelled to write this . Do we need our surgeons and specialists to feel that they are under pressure to perform like a Starbucks employee also, instead of concentrating on their medical specialty that usually requires a minimum of 12 years training? I can refer my patients to specialists who will chat with you, and be on time, and give you excellent service or would you like me to refer you to the specialist who stop you from going blind?

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

Dr. Ross has been my Ophthalmologist for 38 years. As a Type 1 Diabetic for 44 years he has taken excellent care of my eyes including much laser and a vitrectomy about 20 years ago. Although some thought he treated my eyes too aggressively, he managed to keep my eyes from anymore damage and the best thing is..... I CAN SEE !!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016