Ratings for Dr. Joe Stander

Dr Stander has been our family doctor for 12 years now and I couldn’t ask for a better doctor. He takes excellent care of my children, listens to what they have to say and answers all questions they have. He’s gone above & beyond to some med issues and always follows up to see how we are. Even calling personally. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

DR Stander has been my family doctor for 18 years. He's always caring and remembers everything about me. A doctor that takes the time to get to know you and show they care is a keeper.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

Have had several encounters with this particular doctor not informing me of inconclusive lab results which actually turned out to be a serious infection. He brushes your concerns off and really doesn’t care what you have to say. Worst doctor in cold lake.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

WORST Doctor!!! Doesn’t take you seriously. Very stressful experience.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I like Joe. He's always been good to my family and I. He took my husband on as a patient without question after her retired from the military. This town is lucky to have him!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr. Stander is one of the worst doctors I've ever had. As well my family are very unhappy with him and his manner and condescending attitude. His staff are rude, unprofessional and lack basic skills. In my opinion Dr. Stander only sees $$ signs when you make an appt and is always charging exorbitant amounts for his signature. I have paid between $40 - $180. Just for his signature that was offered for free from others clinics/doctors. It's all about the money and he and his staff make that clear. I will never return to this unethical and rude Dr.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Dr. Standard has been my family doctor since I was born. All my life I've felt insignificant to him and that my problems don't matter. When I got older I went in because my breast felt strange, I knew something was wrong. He shrugged me off. A month later I had emergency surgery to have a massive abscess removed from my breast. Absolutely terrible doctor! His wife is so much better!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

In my opinion very good dr. He calls it like he sees it. Straight forward and thorough. Goes above and beond. Was on vacation and still paid attention to my results. Great sense of humor. Very good with kids. Don't retire anytime soon Dr Joe

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I do realize that physicians are human and have their 'off days', as with every other profession. This being said, I am still thoroughly dissatisfied with Dr. Joe Stander's level of medical professionalism and standard of practise. On numerous occasions I have left appointments with very little professional advice or insight, feeling as though my 'complaints' are of insignificance. On one specific occasion, I asked for a prescription for the Mirena IUCD, which he did provide. When enquiring about the specific hormones used and side effects related to the product, he told me to 'google it'....

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014