Ratings for Dr. Joe Stander

Dr. Stander is one of the worst doctors I've ever had. As well my family are very unhappy with him and his manner and condescending attitude. His staff are rude, unprofessional and lack basic skills. In my opinion Dr. Stander only sees $$ signs when you make an appt and is always charging exorbitant amounts for his signature. I have paid between $40 - $180. Just for his signature that was offered for free from others clinics/doctors. It's all about the money and he and his staff make that clear. I will never return to this unethical and rude Dr.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Dr. Standard has been my family doctor since I was born. All my life I've felt insignificant to him and that my problems don't matter. When I got older I went in because my breast felt strange, I knew something was wrong. He shrugged me off. A month later I had emergency surgery to have a massive abscess removed from my breast. Absolutely terrible doctor! His wife is so much better!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

In my opinion very good dr. He calls it like he sees it. Straight forward and thorough. Goes above and beond. Was on vacation and still paid attention to my results. Great sense of humor. Very good with kids. Don't retire anytime soon Dr Joe

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I do realize that physicians are human and have their 'off days', as with every other profession. This being said, I am still thoroughly dissatisfied with Dr. Joe Stander's level of medical professionalism and standard of practise. On numerous occasions I have left appointments with very little professional advice or insight, feeling as though my 'complaints' are of insignificance. On one specific occasion, I asked for a prescription for the Mirena IUCD, which he did provide. When enquiring about the specific hormones used and side effects related to the product, he told me to 'google it'....

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Dr. Stander is the worst doctor in the Cold Lake area! Turned away my niece without giving her a prescription because he said it was just a cold. Turns out she suffered for two days with a severe ear infection.

Submitted February 10, 2014

I like Dr. Stander, he's my baby's doctor and he is always very thorough when examining her, she had jaundice a few days after she was born and he admitted her right away, he also accepted her as a new patient. Its really hard to get a family doctor in Cold Lake because its so highly populated and not enough doctors.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

No time for patient, forgets he saw you before, makes you feel like you are wasting his time. Was referred by physiotherapist after she worked onto injury and he wanted to know what he was supposed to do about it- what did I want? Isn't he the doctor? Went for physical after 3 years and he says ' so why are you here?'

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Horrible doc!!!! I have seen him for many years and have had nothing but problems with him.Everytime i have a medical issue he makes it seem like its all in my head,but quick to wrie a presciption.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

He didn't bother taking any blood tests or an ultrasound when I was miscarrying, saying that they didn't do U/S during "off hours", just because it was the weekend! Didn't do a physical saying that he would if I wanted him to, isn't he the dr??

Submitted November 30, 2010