Ratings for Dr. Teresa Lazar

Dr. Lazar is wonderful! So caring, knowledgeable and compassionate. I'm very lucky to be under her care.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

while dr. Lazar is a very nice person, as a new patient I did not get the impression of competence. My second visit left me waiting for over an hour an a half and then I was rushed out of the office. I am over 50 and certainly just looking for a competent gynecologist. I did not ger this at all. Looking for a new doctor!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Dr Lazar has a caring, and wonderful bedside manner which is something that is disappearing from healthcare nowadays. As an RN who used to work in OB, I feel that she is a very good doctor. She is an regular OB/Gyn, not a perinatologist, aka high risk doc, but she works very closely with them and will refer you to a specialist if she feels it is necessary! In my experience she is a very competent and probably the nicest physician I have dealt with. The office staff is also very friendly, and I have never had an issue at all. The practice is big, but they work in such a way that it feels much smaller. I would recommend them to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

Dr. Lazar is a capable, learned, understanding, helpful, accommodating, skillful practitioner. She has been my doctor since I was a teen and I am now in my thirties. I would never even think of going elsewhere. I trust her with my life 100 percent. Yes, she is soft-spoken, but that is one of her many assets. Do you really want a loud, obnoxious dictator when your feet are in the stirrups? I think not. Again, Dr. Lazar is a credit to her profession. She is irreplaceable in my book. Rather than read these reviews, make pan appointment and see for yourself. I guarantee you will leave her office feeling comfortable and well cared for with all of your concerns addressed. Thank you, Dr. Lazar, for being the dedicated doctor that you are!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

I disagree with posters who claim that Dr. Lazar is a poor choice for complicated pregnancies. She took me on as a patient after I experienced life-threatening complications at 24 weeks. I wound up hospitalized at 32 weeks until I delivered (c-section) at 36 weeks. Dr. Lazar is very knowledgeable, but not afraid to seek help from other doctors if she has any questions. I find this approach critical, as my health and safety have been jeopardized in the past by arrogant doctors. She is soft-spoken and careful, but don't mistake this for timidity or incompetence. She listens and carefully considers the correct course of action. Also, she is part of a group of wonderful doctors who all do rounds at a nearby hospital. I saw them all in my weeks in the hospital and feel comfortable with all of them.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

I have been going to Dr Lazar for 8 years now. She delivered my son via C-section, has always been very supportive, has great bedside manners and is very knowledgeable. love her!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

I've been visiting Dr. Lazar for 6 years now. She's attended to me during my 3 pregnancies, which were all normal and easy. She makes one feel very comfortable during examinations and is very knowledgable when answering questions or concerns I have. I'm not very happy with the wait time. Always plan to be in the office for at least 60 min for a regular OB appointment and 90 min for a GYN appt. This includes at least a 10-20 min wait in the office after being called in. For this reason I always try to get an appointment within the 1st hour of the morning. She didn't deliver any of my children because of the on-call schedule. However, her post pardum visits have always been good. I would recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

I like her so far, but we are only at the midpoint of the pregnancy. She is very nice and personable. She occasionally seems a little frazzled/distracted when talking, but I don't mind since I am like that, too. If you ask questions, she gives very informative answers (although she can sometimes go off on an unrelated tangent). Not afraid to tell you that you gained too much weight since your last visit - it sounds mean when you put it this way, but the average monthly weight gain (at this point in the pregnancy) is supposed to be in the 3-4 pound range...

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

She might be a good doctor. She can't handle complex pregnancies at all. period. If yours is a pure straight case, then go to her. Otherwise, please go for another one. I personally suggest not to go to her, out of my personal experience.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr. Teresa Lazar's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Great Neck, NY