Ratings for Dr. William N. Capicotto

Dr.Capicotto has been wonderful in all aspects of everyone of my surgeries Him and his staff treat you like family

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

I was left crippled. I have lost my job with only four yrs until retirement. He left me with no mid spine, no cage, no fusion. I cannot walk unassisted, cannot even get my own groceries. He was willing to do second surgery though..To do what he should have in the first place. While cutting my L3 vertebrae lamina he fractured it AND gave me a bulged disc at L3-4. He also did laminectomy at L4 & L5 which did open the spinal canal BUT the scar tissue and bone chips are now pushing into it. The herniated disc at L4-5 he was supposed to cut reherniated immediately. I awoke to sever hip/leg pain and numb foot, scratched up eyes (why?), bloody nose, worse pain than before. He wouldn't even see me for 3 mos. (set me with PAs). Apparently, it's hard to sue a Dr. So be very Leary of this one !!!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Horrid. Wretched & unnecessary. Neurologists have actually rolled their eyes when asked who performed my surgery. No follow-through, no PT referral, no concern for my recovery. 10 years on & I'm in worse pain than I was before. God forgive me, but I firmly believe this is about money for him. The whole experience has been so horrible that my father actually said "If I was diagnosed with a terminal illness, the first thing I would do is maim that man."

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

This doctor doesn't accept Medicare???????????? Like, seriously?

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I would Highly NOT recommend This Doctor,the staff was ok at first and then became very rude/nasty after I did not schedule surgery

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr Capicotto as a doctor for almost 15 years for lower back would not do surgery and now I need neck surgery I wanted him to do it was setting appointment with his office manager the rudest person I have ever meet in a doctors office tryed to explain why I was making the day to have surgery and cut me off and told me if I was going to cancel that( she never let me finish what I was saying why I was making the date to have the surgery) and told me that they were not making no more apointments and not going to see me no more and when I tryed to have Dr Cali Otto call me the message never got to Dr his office manager is the one that screens all his calls and did not give Dr my messages if Dr Capicotto new what she was doing and new the money he was losing he would be very unhappy she needs to be fired for treating people the way she does if Dr cappicoto new

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

I have never had such a great experience in a doctors office. I was made to feel comfortable from check in to xray to seeing the doctor and checking out. The wait time was reasonable. The doctor took time with me to answer all of my questions before and after surgery. The office staff is always courteous and very helpful.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Most ignorant doctor that I've ever met. Refused to allow my husband in the room, so that he could ask questions too. The very first time that he saw me, he told me that I needed back surgery-disk replacement and that nothing else would help me. The second appointment, he told me that I needed Chiro 3 times a week. When I finished that, I asked him what else I could do, prior to having surgery. I wanted to try everything and only use surgery as an absolute last resort. He turned his chair around, stood up and told me, "I'm a back surgeon. I do surgeries. If you don't want surgery, then you're wasting my time here". He then went to his receptionist, told her to close my file and that was that. He has to be the biggest jerk I've ever met.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Dr. William N. Capicotto's Credentials

• University of Buffalo (Grad. 1981)