Dr. Eugene Katz

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eugene Katz

Total dislike of this doctor ! Should probably retire soon.. horrible bedside manner.. t

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

Will not ever recommmend Shady Grove. Left me a 45 second voicemail saying I could not have a baby. Thanks so much for the consideration :’(

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

I was told I had a 6% chance of having a baby without IVF. Two months after we stopped trying because we couldn’t afford the $6,000 medicine to start the process we became pregnant on our own. This Dr. called himself God and has a gimmicky tendenancy to write upside down; which is bizarre given the serious nature of what we were going through.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

Dr. Eugene Katz

Dr. Eugene Katz's response
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Helping people build families is our priority here at Shady Grove Fertility. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our practice. We would like the opportunity to learn more about your situation to ensure that every patient has a positive experience. Please reach out to our office supervisor in the Towson Office at (410) 512-8320. She would like to discuss your experience with you to see how we can improve services. Sincerely, Shady Grove Fertility

Submitted June 7, 2018

Dr. Katz and the SGFC Team are beyond amazing and thanks to Dr. Katz we will be welcoming our our first baby. It was a rough year but we knew we were in great hands. We are so thankful and blessed to have had the opportunity to become a part of SGFC. The Pfisterers

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Dr. Katz was warm and helpful through our entire infertility experience. He always made me laugh and kept the mood light, which is exactly what I needed. I am currently 6 months pregnant with a girl and cannot thank Dr. Katz and his staff enough!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Dr Katz and the shady grove team helped to achieve my family planning goals, especially after no one else could figure out what was wrong.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

I am so thankful to have been assigned Dr. Katz as our Doctor when my husband and I had our consultation in March of 2015. He is a great doctor who makes you feel like you're his only patient. The whole Bel Air staff makes you feel this way.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I have been very pleased with Dr. Katz. In a field such as infertility, there is a lot of emotion, and he is sensitive to that. I feel that he has a very kind and gentle bedside manner and is very interested in making the best and most healthy decisions for you to have success. He is very knowledgable in his field and is willing to try many different treatments until you are satisfied.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Wonderful Doctor.. He was honest and up front with me

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

He is an amazing doctor! I am glad I choose him to be my doctor . You will never go wrong with Dr. Katz

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Eugene Katz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Eugene Katz, M.D., is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and reproductive endocrinology. He received his medical degree in 1978 from The University of Chile, graduating magna cum laude. Dr. Katz then went on to an ob-gyn residency at Catholic University in Santiago, Chile. In 1981 he came to the United States and completed his ob-gyn residency at Tulane University in New Orleans in 1985. In 1987, he completed a 2-year fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. Dr. Katz served as assistant professor and director of in vitro fertilization at the University of Maryland from 1987 to 1992. Dr Katz joined the GBMC Fertility Center in 1992 and became director of the center in 1997. Dr. Katz is currently assistant professor at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a clinical assistant professor at the University of Maryland. He served as the director of the Baltimore-Washington Area Reproductive Endocrinologists, an educational organization of specialists, between 1995 and 1997. Dr. Katz has published more than 60 journal articles and serves as an ad hoc reviewer for Fertility and Sterility. He has pioneered the use of the robotic da Vinci laparoscope for tubal surgery, particularly for outpatient reversal of tubal ligations, having performed the first of such procedures in a non-academic center in the Mid-Atlantic area in 2005. He is fluent in Spanish and understands German.

• English
  • Spanish

• Univ De Chile, Esc De Pregrado, Fac De Med, Santiago, Chile (Grad. 1978)

• Infertility
  • Female infertility
  • Male infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Endometriosis