Ratings for Dr. Kelly J. Cowen

She is great!! I felt that she was very through and truly cared about me. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

She is an extremely loud talker! I heard her conversations with other patients, as I am SURE they heard mine. Felt like their was no privacy at all.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

Active listener, gets the details and is able to pull everything together to make sense out of the issues. Comes up with her best recommendation, gives alternatives when possible. Inspires confidence that she is personalizing you and her recommendations. Friendly, does not rush you and goes the extra mile to get you other information when appropriate. Has several times consulted with other physicians in the practice re: my concerns and had me seen on the spot twice by other MD. I have persuaded my husband to transfer to her for his next physical or general medical appt. I have to be really confident in her as a doctor and a person to risk that! He will complain about how unfriendly some of the office staff are. That is more important to him than to me as long as they are competent which they are. It's the doctor that really matters. She's great!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

Dr. Kelly Cowen is an incredible doctor. After recently moving to MD, I thought there was no hope for finding a kind, compassionate, empathetic doctor. My fiance made me an appointment with Dr. Cowen and she has been all of these things and more. She goes above and beyond and actually CARES about helping her patients.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

Dr. Cowen is an astonishingly incredible doctor. My husband and I have gone to her for over five years, and if I ever had a problem with insurance, I'd still reach into my pocket to see her at least for annual physicals and advice. It would be a teeny tiny price to pay for such superb care. (Far far less than my car maintenance anyway.) Dr. Cowen is professional, friendly , and most helpful. She follows up. Calls you back, directly. Answers e-mails, promptly. A delightful person with excellent communication skills. I'd say she is more than a good listener. She's an intuitive listener. Also, she's extremely intelligent, knowledgeable, organized, and thorough. What more could you possibly want?

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

I found Dr. Cowen to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I was referred to her by another medical professional and must say I have been pleased. I have found the support staff to be less courteous and unprofessional at times. I have shared this with Dr. Cowen and the other practitioners. The support staff largely represent the office too. If it wasn't for the fact, I like Dr. Cowen as a professional and we all know how hard it is to find a good doctor, I would not have gone back. With that said.... you know for someone to put up with less than professional support staff, the doctor must be good. Dr. Cowen listens attentively to you, tries to understand your lifestyle and balance all factors when making a medical decision. You can ask her questions and she explains things in layman's terms. Her bedside manner is impeccable! If you can get past the poor gatekeepers, Dr. Cowen is top notch a great doctor!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

Dr. Cowen is thorough, and listens to you. She does not take things for granted, and thinks outside the box when prescribing or diagnosing. She is very professional, highly intelligent and friendly. I am very happy that I found her. She makes herself available by phone if necessary. I did not have a good experience with her NP, Karen Gumer, who insisted that my cold was an allergy, even though I insisted I was ill; she was wrong, and I ended up in bed for 3 days. The NP does not seem to listen to patients, at least in my case. Unfortunately, Dr. Cowen was not available for that appointment.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2007

Dr. Cowen is great. She is thorough. She listens and is responsive. The support staff is helpful and professional. The office offers an impressive and convenient array of services. I finally found a doctor and office I really like and almost didn't take a new job because this practice does not take the new health plan. After dealing with a new doctor - I respect Dr. Cowen and her office even more.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2007

Like the previous reviewer said, Dr. Cowen and Karen Gumer have both been great - very patient, informative, and good listeners.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2007

Dr. Cowen is great, as was nurse practitioner Karen Gumer. Very thorough and good follow up. They really listen to you. Cool modern technology in the office.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2007

Dr. Kelly J. Cowen's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)