Ratings for Dr. Sheldon Finklestein

I had Dr. Finkelstein for four years. I was so sad when he announced his retirement. No other doctor has ever cared and listened to me the way that he did. He took the time to get to know me and carefully considered any medication to be prescribed. He always wanted feedback as to how I was responding to a medication and was always concerned about making sure that anything he prescribed was a good fit. I have always felt important and cared about while in his office. He spent time listening and allowed for sufficient time to deal with issues. I appreciated the way that he treated me as a capable participant in my treatment. I will miss him very much. Happy retirement, Dr. Finkelstein. You certainly earned it.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I've had Dr. Finkelstein for 15 years. Great doctor, very caring and listens to you. He's not a pill pusher. It's too bad he's retiring, he will be missed!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Dr. Finkelstein is one of the best doctors I have ever met. If it were not for this doctor, I don't know how I would have managed. He truly helps heal and save lives.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr. Finklestein is an amazing doctor. Very gentle, caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

Dr.Finkeltein was one of the most caring physicians I have met who takes the time to help patients through talking rather than just pushing medications on them.He listens to his patients,taking the time to be familiar with your file before you walk in his door.He has a way of making his patients feel comfortable,like they are talking to an old friend and he truly cares about each and everyone of his patients.Sadly there are not more doctors like him willing to try and truly understand their patients, rather than drugging them first,he tries to discuss and help you to find your answers to your problems.A true gem in the medical profession.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

Dr. Finklestein is more than a pharma-psychiatrist. He sits, listens, counsels, and gives the true therapy a psychiatrist should offer. He schedules an appropriate amount of time for appointments to do so. He does not ask a check list of questions, write a prescription and send you off for six weeks. He takes his time to know you and your issues. I believe he is the best psychiatrist in the area. Unfortunately, he does not have hospital privileges but this gives him more time to be a proper therapist rather than a 'prescription drug writer' only.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Optimal mental health is a journey for everyone, and that journey can sometimes require outside perspective. I was fortunate enough to have had the benefit of the skill and compassion of this man when I needed help during that journey. It wasn't a bed of roses, and we didn't always agree, but in the end he brought me back from the gates of hell, helped me to mostly accept a devastating diagnosis (sometimes the jury is still out), and provided well researched treatment recommendations. Although treatment options can be taught to any doctor, human kindness can't. He is inherently a decent person. I like a doctor who is willing to self disclose a bit as it makes the conversation more natural, and it flows easier. My patients tell me that all the time.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

This man got me on the medication that gave me my life back. He is very careful with what he perscribes. He is great at renewing medications, and calling in perscriptions to the pharmacy. He worked with me for a long time until we found the combo of meds that has really gave me my life back. I have some set backs here and there, but he is always a phone call away, and on the weekdays will call right back same day usually.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2010

Best doc. I have ever met, helped me alot, very kind, so much experience that I don't even have to explain, he just knows, will probably not have to continue seeking care, but i feel assured if an incident arises, he would help me through it, a really amazing and professional doctor.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

He's great. Very pleasant, reasonable, and competent.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2008