flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

This man is a doctor of the best kind and I have seen a few. He is knowledgeable and kind, caring and efficient. If you can get on his list congratulations, you are in the best of hands.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

A gifted genius Doctor. On World Aids Day I feel that the LGTB community owes you a great deal of thanks.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

A brilliant, humble specialist who has saved the life of my partner, more than once. I accompany my partner on his visits to St Paul's and I am treated with respect as somebody with an interest in his health. This is a doctor with an international reputation and we are fortunate to have him in Canada. He deserves better facilities to continue his important research with his excellent team. Dr Montaner could be practicing anywhere on the planet but he chose Vancouver. Lucky us.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009

The very best in the world today. My cd4 went from 200 to 600 in a little more than a year. I am making plans long term these days because of this man.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2009

I cannot speak highly enough about Dr. Julio Montaner. His knowledge in his field is second to none, plain & simple. He is kind, caring, gentle, genuinely concerned, committed, funny, warm, and deeply understanding. I feel truly lucky to be under his care, and might very well not be here to type these words today were it not for him. I have the untmost respect for Dr. Montaner and his work. God bless you, Dr. M!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

This doctor is "cutting-edge". He will tell you the very latest information and base decisions on good judgement and trials, or on the latest results from conferences. He is absolutely the best doctor I have ever been to and is also the most caring, going above and beyond for patients. Stays late, arrives early, is always available, even on vacation. He's not fluffy or ingenuous... if you want someone who always agrees with you, then go somewhere else. I have lived far longer because of this doctor and his decisions.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

Dr. Julio Montaner, he may ne knowlwdgable about HIV/AIDS treatments but only in respect to the latest clinical trials he and his staff are running. I would not recommend him as a MD unless you are strong enough to stand up for yourself and fight for your own medical needs.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2007

I respect Dr. Montaner's knowledge and influence, but my own experience with him was that he tended to over-test and over-prescribe. I went to a different doctor with similar qualifications and am extremely pleased with the results.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007

If you need to know what you need to know to survive HIV/AIDS Julio is your man.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2007

Dr. Julio Montaner's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I owe a lot to Dr. Montaner. He changed my life and gave me hope after I sort of gave up when I was first diagnosed with HIV. Thanks Dr. Montaner."

January 29, 2016