Ratings for Dr. Robert Jacka

I have had Dr Jacka as my primary care physician for many years. I find him friendly, caring and asks questions before deciding next steps. If he had not referred me to my cardiologist immediately when l told him of some symptoms, l thought were minor, l would have died. Penny, his receptionist is amazing too. It's difficult as a patient that he only works 4 mornings per week, but he obviously does this for his own health. Who am I to criticize that?

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Performed a yearly physical on me and touched me in places that no doctor ever should. Spoke with a female GP many years later and she suggested I report him as what he did was definitely not part of the exam. He also misdiagnosed my husband's cancer. I had to go in and insist he send him for further tests which of course turned up advanced cancer. The man does the bare minimum to earn his $. God help you if you have a serious illness.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

His only saving grace is Penny at the front desk. He is not attentive to medical test results after they are done and we've had to ask multiple times to find out the results. We've moved on to another practice because he was rarely able to help and rarely available when needed.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Terrible. Not available!!! I can't even phone How is he supposed to help anyone

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

He is an excellent GP, when you can get to see him. He works only 4 half-days a week, so appointments are hard to come by. The after-hours clinics in this group are a joke. Why must we wait until 5:00 in order to just book an appointment? On a visit he is caring, interested, helpful, knowledgeable, and amenable to patient suggestions if they prove suitable. He seems to see me as a person rather than a problem. I feel that he is looking at the whole me rather than just dealing with this one specific illness. He seems quick to make necessary referrals if called for. His nurse, Penny, is absolutely remarkable. She squeezes me in when it is really necessary, and is extremely personable on the phone and in person. When he was in the Peterborough Clinic he had a grouchy and unhelpful nurse who seemed to think her job was to ward off patients. Penny is the exact opposite! She is living proof of the value of picking good staff.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Overall a pretty good family doctor. Quick to push drugs as a solution, but that's pretty common these days. Seems good with appropriate diagnosis in my limited experience, though not one to go very far into alternative options once the issue has been identified - seems to look for the quickest and easiest way to address conditions. Punctual and accommodating, though his office hours are very limited.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

The good Dr. got a new receptionist and she is great. He is very friendly and unassuming. I have had a few referrals and it was not an issue to get them. He works 1/2 time so the practice is small and mostly mornings. There is a shared after hours clinic for urgent issues.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

Dr. Jacka seems to have a lack of knowledge of certain illnesses. Thyroid conditions illude him, especially if you are under the age of forty. I have had thyroid cancer, and he doesn't take my twenty year old daughter's goiter seriously. I jammed my knee and he tells me to lose weight. A specialist wanted a referal and he would not give one. Dr. Jacka thinks he is "God". You have to self diagnos and work with health food stores.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

Always found Dr Jacka to be helpful, a good listener, and willing to explore solutions. He has been very helpful and I deeply am grateful to be his patient. I feel I am in good hands.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009