Ratings for Dr. P. Kumar

Dr Kumar is a very ignorant rude pill pusher. He is the worst doctor Ive ever seen. I wouldnt reccommend him to ANYONE. He shouldnt be a doctor in the mental health field.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

First visit he kept telling me " you are a hoarder." I would say I really don't consider myself a hoarder. I don't keep unecisary items around. I throw out and donate items even when I think I might want them later. If I haven't used them in years I will give them away to family or to valu village. If anything I feel bad for getting rid of so many things. Anyway he just kept telling me I was a hoarder until I had to raise my voice and tell him loudly " NO I am not a hoarder." He didn't discuss any of my symptoms with me he only tried to impose symptoms of things I did not have going on. He would talk over me and made it extremely difficult for me to talk about the issues I felt I needed to discuss. I would never recommend this dr to anyone. I'm surprised he is continuing his career in the hospital and I wish he would go back to school.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

An intelligent well meaning man but in an very difficult position with a heavy patient load . he is doing a very difficult job , this most appear to ignore. The meds issued are given in the understanding that they will help those being administered to, one of the few tools available . All in all a good doctor, good man. All comments on here are simply individuals opinions, myself included.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr Kumar is very intelligent but in my opinion and this is all this will be as follows. He appears to be an extremely busy man, well meaning but on a tight time frame, his time is valuable and limited. But he appears to assume far too much about some patients and he relies heavily on meds immediately upon admission, come one come all Risperidone for all, and more. Cannot sleep because of pills, have a pill for that. But well meaning but human, rushed, high demand for services, people needing help. He is intelligent but has limits like all. Big business involved, politics, money, check the rings on the guy, huge, gold, wow.. Deal with the side effects kids. Wow.. Does NOT listen terribly well, hears what he wants.. Odd, how human of him. As the last person said, increases doses at a heartbeat without knowledge of any of what is being administered to oneself, dosages or side effects explained , nada, keep quiet, behave, do the dance. The clinic, wow. A blessing for some but there are limits. Very mixed thoughts on the man, intelligent but human.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I have been under treatment by this doctor for 2 years and things just went from progressively bad to worse. Dr. Kumar is a pill pusher. He just up the doses and does not bother to listen to me when I talk. He doesn't want to hear about my multiple hospitalization due to suicide attempts nor case to properly diagnosed my condition. Finally I contacted another psychiatrist from Ontario and paid out of pocket for telephone consultation to properly diagnose me. The nurses at the clinic is fabulous but I cannot say the same for Dr. kumar

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

I saw doctor Kumar a couple years back for severe depression and anxiety. Every time I went back he just asked "still depressed" of course I would say "yes" and he would up my dosage. I was on so much medication that I ended up having panic attacks I could not control. I ended up in the ER a couple times and I was informed by Doctors there that I should never have been on near that dosage. Good to know. Beware of the medications he puts you on. He tends to be more of a pill pusher than anything. I understand medication is necessary and was for me, but it is not the only contributor to healing.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dr. Kumar is a very compassionate, knowledgeable and thoughtful man. He did a thorough job of reviewing my information PRIOR to my appointment. I think he is very helpful and I will see him agin. Thank you Dr Kumar

flag | Submitted April 29, 2012

Very poor and helpless. I will never see this doctor again. He never listens to the patients, I don't recommend him

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

I found Dr Kumar to be very thorough, asking many questions and getting to know the various aspects of my health issues. He developed a recovery plan and took the time to explain the how’s and why’s to me. I am encouraged and look forward to recovering from the depression that I’ve been experiencing.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2012

I am really suspicious of the 'smiley face' ratings for this guy after reading the other VERY negative ,completely opposite end of the spectrum ratings - not that he would 'doctor' his own reviews or anything....would he?...winkwink

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012