Ratings for Dr. Lisa Coffey

Wonderful doctor. She is very knowledgeable and caring. Very prompt.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2018

I had the same family doctor since the day I was born and when she retired I was exhausted trying to find a doctor that best suited my needs. After searching for a year I finally met Dr. Coffey. I absolutely love my new doctor. She goes above and beyond, genuinely cares, listens to your concerns, takes care of your issues and is informative. The drive, motivation and passion for her career are noticeable the minute you start talking to her. The clinical staff is punctual and friendly. I am extremely happy with the staff and my new doctor.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2018

Love Dr Coffey! Knows just what to say. Direct and gives all considerations so you can make an educated decision.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

I have been seeing Dr Coffey for about 10 years. A few things I like; - she seems knowledgeable and presents different perspectives on treatment options, then involves me in the decision - the Bowmont "team" support is great because I can see another doctor when Dr Coffey is unavailable, which I've done on a few occasions when short notice treatment is needed. What could be improved is her rushed and/or distracted bedside manner. Obviously I can't say what's happening in her mind, but her style creates a feeling of being rushed... so often in the rush I forget to raise something (that of course i recall after leaving), or she forgets to provide a script, bloodwork paperwork, etc. that was just discussed (so then her admin needs to bother her with another patient to get the paperwork she forgot while I wait). This stuff is annoying and unpleasant, but not so bad that its worth switching doctors. Would be nice to see her improve in this area and know she's capable of doing so with some effort.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I am very satisfied with my family and personal experience with Dr. Coffey. She is very punctual and genuinely cares for each individual. I appreciate her diagnosis method of performing tests based on symptoms and putting in a plan of action and following through with it. Previous physicians we've had prescribed medication immediately - which we often felt was pre-mature. She personally followed up after I had major surgery, calling our house to see how I was doing and ensuring I was getting the appropriate follow-up care. The only negative I would give is that Dr.Coffey is very popular and she books up weeks in advance. That being said, the Doctor's at the Bowmont Medical Clinic all seem very good.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

Dr. Coffey provided prenatal care for my first pregnancy and is now our family physician. My husband and I have nothing but good things to say about our experiences with Dr Coffey. Dr Coffey is unexpectedly punctual(we've never waited more than 5 minutes at our appointments)and she has always taken the time to answer our questions, listen to our concerns, and provide appropriate recommendations. We feel very fortunate to have Lisa as our doctor!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Wonderful Doctor! Young and energetic. The Bowness clinic is modern and the staff is efficient, helpful, and friendly.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Constantly in a rush. I think I have more knowlege about various subjects.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

As an adult female, I have received awesome and thorough care from Dr. Coffey. I am always satisfied with her knowledge and response to my concerns. 10/10 As a mom, I do not feel she is as understanding about children and childhood illnesses as we need. But still good - 8/10. For my husband with chronic health issues, she would rate only about 2/10. After 2 years, she was not very knowledgable about certain issues he had and did not encourage further testing until we took it upon ourselves to request referrals. After further testing it showed significant issues that she had previously downplayed. She does seem rushed, but we are never pushed out the door. She is mostly on time. The receptionist used to be AWFUL, but I haven't seen her there for a while!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

I go back and forth on my opinion of Dr. Coffey. She is friendly and helpful to a point. I usually feel like she's in a rush and trying to get me out the door, but she has improved in this area. She doesn't offer up much unless you know what to ask her. Overall, she seems like the typical Calgary doctor.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009