Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Cortez

She's kind and attentive. She's a great doctor for someone who is assertive in being a partner in their own care--no quick fix, but a long-term, strength-focussed, problem solving approach that is collaborative and sensible. She's been my doctor since 2005, when I came to her after a bad experience caused by misdiagnosis. I trust her completely as a partner in my care. If she doesn't know something, she looks it up.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

only complaint is punctuality. Many have commented on this. She will listen and give advice. however she has to learn that patients have lives too and nobody should have to wait an hour past their appointment to see a doctor. I dare say she would not be impressed if she made an appointment only to find out that person is always over an hour late for the appointment she made with them. She is always late....very unfortunate and inconsiderate. She needs to review bookings and or time management.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

The reason Dr Cortez is always running late is because she is on this site giving herself positive reviews. She is a terrible Dr. Avoid if you can.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I like her. She cares about her clients and is fully engaged when she is with you. But a few times she has forgotten to book appointments and I didn't find out about this until 2months later when I questioned her. My biggest grief is she is almost always quite late for the appointment. I am always on time because I feel that is the considerate thing to do.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

There must be 2 doctors with the name Jennifer Cortez. The one my wife and I have been seeing since 2006 has always been professional, compassionate, knowledgeable and helpful. If she is late for your appointment it could be she is taking the time with another patient. She never gives the impression she has anything more important to do than to be sure you are comfortable and satisfied with your time in her presence.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Cortez since 2006. She has always been thoughtful, considerate, knowledgeable and ready to go the extra mile for her patients. 5 stars all the way!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Jennifer Cortez is always late! Most days you will wait for well over 1 hour. She is kind, but appears to not have a lot of knowledge. She will send you to a specialist but in this valley good luck in getting in within a year.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Jennifer Cortez is a waste of time. Her office calls me to make an appointment and when I arrive she asks why I am there. She seems to be quite interested in diet blogs and having her patients read books that don't apply. She doesn't have a clue about anything other then the common cold, and that I even question. She is also never on time, and I have waited many times over an hour for a scheduled appointment. Take down your shingle Jennifer before you cause your patients any more harm.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

i am not going to rate her but I will leave a comment. Her kindness and compassion shine through brightly when facing tough decsions. Dr. Cortez has been my parents GP since 2002, she has always been honest and caring when it comes to their care.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

She doesn't call herself Dr. Cortez because she doesn't deserve the title. She is truly lacking in the areas that help make a good GP. Her sense of urgency doesn't exist, as you often have to wait over a hour to be seen and you leave without any advice. She also lacks compassion and empathy but she can be counted on for being condesending and sarcastic.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016