Ratings for Dr. Pyaru Mitha

Dr. Mitha is very good and experienced doctor. Always helpful

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Dr. Mitha is a really dumb doctor. He doesn't listen to what people are saying to him. Anyways my mother is allergic to a medication called metformin that she is taking for her TYPE 2 Diabetes. So Dr Mitah chose to prescribe her a different medication and that medication was not good for her as well. Within a month he wanted to prescribe the same medication Metformin again but he didn't even remember that she has been diagnosed with an allergy to this medication. This doctor is going to make someone sick and die someday. If your planning to be a patient of Dr. Mitha then I would recommend you to not since he isn't good in helping his sick patient but its your choice. Bye ):

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Very knowledgeable and experience doctor. The wait is long though.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Dr. Mitha has been my family doctor for over 15 years. He is very knowledgeable and carrying. Wait times are usually a bit long since there are overbooked but with the shortage of Family Doctors in Calgary this is normal.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

He is one of the worst doctors I've ever met. I went to see him years ago for tonsillitis he would give me antibiotics all the time. I was losing weight because of how bad my tonsils were(holes and puss in them). Would get sick and have fevers ever couple of months. Mentioned I should remove my tonsils he said "no, keep taking antibiotics". Well I had enough of his prognosis went to another doctor, when he saw them he could not believe Dr Mitha didn't want to remove them. I did remove them and I'm fine now. He just wanted to make his commission on prescriptions.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2014

A doctor who actually takes time to listen and check his patients thoroughly. Very knowledgeable, with many years of experience. Long wait because he has many clients, but it's all worth it.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

Dr. Mitha is not only a good doctor, he's great human being. He has been my doctor since I was born (36 years ago) and he has always been like a family member. He listens and will do whatever is necessary. If you need a specialist, he will refer you and he knows who you should see as well. More doctors should be like him.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

I love Dr. Mitha! He's extremely knowledgeable, hardworker, caring, and calm person. Maybe that's why he has lots of patients, hence the long wait.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

Not my doctor now only because I no longer live in Calgary, but he was definitely one of the better doctors I have had in my life. Always long waits, but a wait I was willing to do.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2009

My family and I have been going to Dr. Mitha for 36 years. He delivered my 3 sons and will always be my favorite doctor. We moved out of Calgary and I still make the 3 hour journey to see him. There are long waits but that is because he does not rush people out the door. He is a true professional and what a doctor should be; caring, knowledgeable and a humanitarian. he is a credit to his profession.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009