Ratings for Dr. Kanwal Shankardass

Dr. Shankardass has been my family physician for roughly 40 years. I now live nearly 3 hours away but have kept him as my doctor. His range of knowledge is incredible but, if he doesn’t know something, he’ll admit it and find out. I have seen check in a book or call a specialist for information. You can’t go wrong with someone who knows so much and checks carefully when he is unsure. I can’t believe the negative comments here. I have never met anyone less arrogant or more caring. He gets behind sometimes because he listens and gives the patient the time needed to identify what the problem is. Dr. Shankardass has seen me through 2 births, several operations and some serious health issues. I can’t imagine what I’ll do when he retires.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Never in office. Trying to make an appointment is horrible. Was told a form was sent to a care home at 10am when in fact it was never sent at all. Any other doctor would be better than this one.

Submitted December 14, 2017

Forget the woman of the behind the desk - she doesnt treat the people. the doctor himself is incompetent and arrogant. The negative comments are not outlandish when some people have suffered terribly as a result of this doctor (understatement). Tired of fellow patients blaming each other for what is the doctor's job and he is paid to do their job. You know one day we may all be at the mercy of a incompetent doctor - what will you say then - would you want other patients to disregard your comments? Just because you may get good proper treatment you have NO RIGHT to state how others get treated because you don't know and that is the truth!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

The fat woman behind the desk and answering phones is a disgusting pig of a woman. How can she treat people so rudely and be so unprofessional and uncaring of patients looking to make an appointment or speak with their Dr. Mazurek defended this woman once so now I know why this receptionist continues to treat people so bad. If I could have given a 0 ZERO 0 star rating I would have. I cannot recommend this "health care" office to anyone...and am thinking about contacting the CPSO as mentioned in the other comment below. Maybe when they are held accountable for their behaviour they will change how they treat the patients!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Excellent doctor and staff. I will truly miss his care when he retires. I might just add that some of the very negative ratings and comments below are so outlandish they should clearly be disregarded.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

My family has had Dr. Shankardass for decades. Since the 70's atleast. Never really had any problems with him. He always listens and wants updates on my health when I am ill. The office and the medical field has changed a lot since I started going. He is a very old school doctor, he's seen both sides of the medical world as medicines etc always improve. He has a lot of experience is what I'm getting at. He can give you the new approach or the old school approach some new young doctors just won't do/understand. His office staff on the other hand are sometimes terrible. Not sure who does the phone but sometimes extremely rude and don't care, make it seem like I'm interfering with their schedule by booking an appointment.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Shankardass is often very unhelpful. Very reluctant to send patients for tests or look into problems or concerns. He tends to waste more of my time than actually help me. He also tend to be very rude and unapproachable. His appointments are never on time, spanning anywhere from 15 minutes late to and hour and a half late (at which point I walked out) which is completely unacceptable. And that is with having a pre-booked appointment! As far as his staff goes it is rather hit or miss. His one secretary is nice but rather dumb and the other is very rude and actually tends to make fun of the other secretary in front of patients. All in all I am and have been unsatisfied and am looking for a new doctor that knows what they are doing.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I can honestly say this is the WORST medical center I've ever visited. The staff are horribly rude and not willing to help the patient. The Dr.'s, both Shankardass and MAzURek are never around or available to discuss patient needs, they have no idea what quality of care is as this is purely a business for them. Sadly is paid by our tax dollars. If anyone else has had problems with this office I urge you to call the CPSO - College of physicians and Surgeons Ontario and make a complaint...maybe this will actually motivate these "Dr.s" to cleanup their act and create a better atmosphere for their patients. There contact info is 416-967-2600 http://www.cpso.on.ca/

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Ive never met this Dr., his associate Dr. Mazurek has pretty smile, but thats about it. The office is NOT organized or professional in how they treat clients The office administration staff/secretary are lethargic and not helpful. Dr. Mazurek has caused much stress to my family incorrectly reffering the wrong Dr. and then giving the wrong contact information. They have been rude to me, my wife and other patients. I dont recommend this Dr.'s office to anyone that is looking for quality of care for anyone in their family.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Never wants to discuss care of elderly relative in a nursing home. Too busy to check on health concerns while doing rounds. Ignores requests for addressing issues. Not informed by staff as to changes in health status of patient and so worsening symptoms go untreated. Whoe are the patients giving him glowing reviews? They are not from the nursing home where my relative resides!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016