Ratings for Dr. Kanwal Shankardass

I can honestly say this is the WORST medical center I've ever visited. The staff are horribly rude and not willing to help the patient. The Dr.'s, both Shankardass and MAzURek are never around or available to discuss patient needs, they have no idea what quality of care is as this is purely a business for them. Sadly is paid by our tax dollars. If anyone else has had problems with this office I urge you to call the CPSO - College of physicians and Surgeons Ontario and make a complaint...maybe this will actually motivate these "Dr.s" to cleanup their act and create a better atmosphere for their patients. There contact info is 416-967-2600 http://www.cpso.on.ca/

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Ive never met this Dr., his associate Dr. Mazurek has pretty smile, but thats about it. The office is NOT organized or professional in how they treat clients The office administration staff/secretary are lethargic and not helpful. Dr. Mazurek has caused much stress to my family incorrectly reffering the wrong Dr. and then giving the wrong contact information. They have been rude to me, my wife and other patients. I dont recommend this Dr.'s office to anyone that is looking for quality of care for anyone in their family.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Never wants to discuss care of elderly relative in a nursing home. Too busy to check on health concerns while doing rounds. Ignores requests for addressing issues. Not informed by staff as to changes in health status of patient and so worsening symptoms go untreated. Whoe are the patients giving him glowing reviews? They are not from the nursing home where my relative resides!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

My elderly mom's health has much improved since being cared for by Dr. Shankardass. He listens which I find refreshing. He follows up and keeps a close eye on test results. He will check and change meds until readings are the best they can be. I think I should be leaving my family doctor for Dr. Shankardass.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I like my doctor but trying to get ahold of the receptionist is horrible. I've been there and one time she put someone on hold for like 10 minutes while she talked to me and another time the phone rang once and after she was done with the customer she press line 1 and left it on so to give everyone the busy signal when they try to call. So ridiculous. Other than that dr shankardass is really good. Very knowledgable and helpful. Will take his time with you and make you feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I love Dr. Shankardass hes always there if your sick one time he came to my house when i couldnt get to him

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

Dr. Shankardass was our doctor for so many years. He has misdiagnosed so many people in my family (immediate and extended) year after year.I finally convinced my mother to dump him, after she mentioned two lumps she felt in her breast, and he told her it was nothing to worry about. It ended up being breast cancer, which she discovered ON HER OWN after going to the breast clinic. He's outdated, and misinformed.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2010

Our family went to Dr. Shankardass for years, but there was a period when his commitments outside his practice meant his time for us was limited. So we changed doctors - the worst move we could possibly have made! We 'inherited' a GP who has never satisfied us, and we have just found another one. We hope to be better served now but would like to go back to Dr. S.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2010

Dr. Shankardass is an awesome doctor. I hope he never retires! He would be greatly missed by his patients and collegues I'm sure.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

Dr.Shankardass has been our family doctor for many years. He was at the hospital the day i gave birth to my son and when i gave birth to my 2nd son and he couldn't be there he sent one of his trusted collegues to take his place. He doesn't hesitate to see me or my family and always has answers to my questions and when he doesn't have the answer he says "i don't know". He is very quick to send out referrals to specialists when they are needed. His secretary has a great sense of humor and she is always pleasant to speak with and helpful. Thank you Dr. Shankardass and Wendy for all your support and willingness to help our family. Love Tara, Paul, Jaymz, Nicco and Xxavier.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009