Ratings for Dr. Kanwal Shankardass

The fat woman behind the desk and answering phones is a disgusting pig of a woman. How can she treat people so rudely and be so unprofessional and uncaring of patients looking to make an appointment or speak with their Dr. Mazurek defended this woman once so now I know why this receptionist continues to treat people so bad. If I could have given a 0 ZERO 0 star rating I would have. I cannot recommend this "health care" office to anyone...and am thinking about contacting the CPSO as mentioned in the other comment below. Maybe when they are held accountable for their behaviour they will change how they treat the patients!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Excellent doctor and staff. I will truly miss his care when he retires. I might just add that some of the very negative ratings and comments below are so outlandish they should clearly be disregarded.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

My family has had Dr. Shankardass for decades. Since the 70's atleast. Never really had any problems with him. He always listens and wants updates on my health when I am ill. The office and the medical field has changed a lot since I started going. He is a very old school doctor, he's seen both sides of the medical world as medicines etc always improve. He has a lot of experience is what I'm getting at. He can give you the new approach or the old school approach some new young doctors just won't do/understand. His office staff on the other hand are sometimes terrible. Not sure who does the phone but sometimes extremely rude and don't care, make it seem like I'm interfering with their schedule by booking an appointment.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Shankardass is often very unhelpful. Very reluctant to send patients for tests or look into problems or concerns. He tends to waste more of my time than actually help me. He also tend to be very rude and unapproachable. His appointments are never on time, spanning anywhere from 15 minutes late to and hour and a half late (at which point I walked out) which is completely unacceptable. And that is with having a pre-booked appointment! As far as his staff goes it is rather hit or miss. His one secretary is nice but rather dumb and the other is very rude and actually tends to make fun of the other secretary in front of patients. All in all I am and have been unsatisfied and am looking for a new doctor that knows what they are doing.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I can honestly say this is the WORST medical center I've ever visited. The staff are horribly rude and not willing to help the patient. The Dr.'s, both Shankardass and MAzURek are never around or available to discuss patient needs, they have no idea what quality of care is as this is purely a business for them. Sadly is paid by our tax dollars. If anyone else has had problems with this office I urge you to call the CPSO - College of physicians and Surgeons Ontario and make a complaint...maybe this will actually motivate these "Dr.s" to cleanup their act and create a better atmosphere for their patients. There contact info is 416-967-2600 http://www.cpso.on.ca/

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Ive never met this Dr., his associate Dr. Mazurek has pretty smile, but thats about it. The office is NOT organized or professional in how they treat clients The office administration staff/secretary are lethargic and not helpful. Dr. Mazurek has caused much stress to my family incorrectly reffering the wrong Dr. and then giving the wrong contact information. They have been rude to me, my wife and other patients. I dont recommend this Dr.'s office to anyone that is looking for quality of care for anyone in their family.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Never wants to discuss care of elderly relative in a nursing home. Too busy to check on health concerns while doing rounds. Ignores requests for addressing issues. Not informed by staff as to changes in health status of patient and so worsening symptoms go untreated. Whoe are the patients giving him glowing reviews? They are not from the nursing home where my relative resides!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

My elderly mom's health has much improved since being cared for by Dr. Shankardass. He listens which I find refreshing. He follows up and keeps a close eye on test results. He will check and change meds until readings are the best they can be. I think I should be leaving my family doctor for Dr. Shankardass.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I like my doctor but trying to get ahold of the receptionist is horrible. I've been there and one time she put someone on hold for like 10 minutes while she talked to me and another time the phone rang once and after she was done with the customer she press line 1 and left it on so to give everyone the busy signal when they try to call. So ridiculous. Other than that dr shankardass is really good. Very knowledgable and helpful. Will take his time with you and make you feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I love Dr. Shankardass hes always there if your sick one time he came to my house when i couldnt get to him

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012