Ratings for Dr. Vickie L. Macy

Dr, Macy is busy because she is good at what she does. She is well worth the wait. She is not making you wait because she ikea it. She is just that damned busy and she's busy because she's just that good. If you have to wait an hour, get over yourself and make time for it. I've seen her in action when she saved my life, over her lunch minute. She has connections and is not afraid to use them and not afraid to be oh-so-direct to get you the help you need from other top-rate medical offices. She saved my life and that, my friends, is the damned truth.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Sure she gets behind. But that is not her fault babies at all different times. But she is worth waiting for 100%

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

I have a lot of pain during intercourse. When I went to see these jokers at Avenues Women's Center about it, they told me that my pain must be psychological and that I needed to see a sex/mental health therapist, because everything looked "normal" during the exam. Seriously!?!? I got a second opinion at a different clinic, and was told things looked very red and inflamed - anything but normal! I am now being treated at another clinic for my very physical - NOT psychological - condition. Never going back to Avenues.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

The staff didn't care or have time to answer any of my questions I was a first time mom and thought my dr would help with problems I was having instead i leaned on the Internet and books. I was paying to see dr Macy not a nurse who seemed like she hated her job. I was sick which yes happens to almost everyone but in my first trimester I went to the dr to say I was so sick I was about to loose my job due to availability with all the time throwing up asked for help and the nurse declined my Fmla form and said being sick is part of being pregnant i lost my job and lost 20lbs in the first 12 weeks when I became pregnant I was 115 lbs this office doesn't care your just another name on a paper to them. I will make sure everyone knows how terrible my first trimester was with this office so hopefully others don't go threw this as well!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Dr. Macy is loosing it. I went for my annual and waited for an hr, then she spent maybe 10 mins with me and didnt listen to anything I was telling her. I was there a total of two hrs. Rediculous.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

I've been with Dr. Macy since 1993. She has seen me through yearly exams, infertility, and a hysterectomy. During a biopsy I passed out and peed on her, I was so embarrassed but she made me laugh and feel better. She has always been professional, compassionate, and listens. She does tend to run behind - but then when she is with you she's with YOU. And, Stephanie is awesome too.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Macy for over 12 yrs, my first pregnancy ended up going preterm she was a great asset in helping to extend out my pregnancy as long as we could hold out, and she was very thorough in watching me with my second pregnacy. Now that I am done having kids i look forward to seeing her every year she is great in listening to my concerns and making sure my needs are met. She is a bit behind sometimes but she happened to have a patient the last time I saw her, interviewing her as a potential doctor and took more than the alotted 1/2 hour they had originally set the appointment up for, but she was willing to sit with that person to help with all her needs. I have been to a few different OBs before finding Macy and they are all a bit behind due to the timing of babies and some patients just unexpectedly take more time, i prefer a doctor that will take thier time with me and not make me feel rushed as she does.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

Dr. Macy is very professional. She makes you feel as though you are in good hands. For normal check-ups, I was always seen by a nurse, and most of them were also very nice and capable. I'm very happy with my experiences at Dr. Macy's office.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Very professional and understanding, but at times can appear to be stringent. She is strict about your health during pregnancy and to the point. When it comes to your health she will do everything possible to take good care. She is very educated and has experience like you couldn't imagine. Macy is quick and precise in emergencies with little fuss or confusion. She is wonderful when you warm up to her personality. I would rather have a well trained educated Doctor than a friend. She isn't big on the fuzzies, but she'll save your life as well as your babies. She is wonderful in assisting her colleague's.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2007

Dr. Vickie L. Macy's Credentials

• Spanish

• Pacific Medical College (Grad. 1981)