Ratings for Dr. James R. Walker

Terrible bedside manner.Did not care about what my concerns were. Stay away!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

This is by far the worst Dr. I have ever been to. I was a new patient so I brought my health records with me. He picked them up and threw them down and said what's all this. I explained that this is my records for the last several years. He was not interested. If you try to tell him anything about yourself he acts like it makes him mad. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I was a new patient. Doctor Walker came into the exam room with my new patient information in his hand. The first thing he said was why are you here? I told him I was a new patient and my health history was in his hands. He wanted a short visit and was very abrupt. I told him I had not seen a doctor in years and asked if he wanted to check my heart, lungs, etc. He said if I wanted a physical then I could schedule one. He did not seem to care what my current health was. He sighed after each question I asked as if he was put out to simply answer them. I later saw him for a condition and got a referral to a specialist. When I brought copies of my medical records, the specialist was concerned about whar Doctor Walker had diagnosed as my condition. Without going into details, Doctor Walker's diagnosis was totally wrong. After I researched his misdiagnosis, I saw that he never asked me any questions regarding the symptoms. Do not choose him as your family physician. He is not thorough enough to put your life in his hands.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Walker was substituting for my father-in-laws doctor while in the hospital. He is very short, as if you are bothering him, to ask a question, and then he didn't know the answer, nor did he seem to care. My father-in-law hasn't eaten in 4 days, and we finally had gotten him to eat 3 grapes. When we made the comment that we needed to get him to eat more often, his reply was - "well, he's eating grapes isn't he?" and proceeded to leave the room. I can only hope that we don't have to deal with this man for the entire weekend!!! He seems inconvienced to even seeing patients. I picked the middle of the scale for staff and for being punctual, since this was a hospital environment, and not an office visit.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

if i had followed his advice i would be dead right now. same day i had a heart stent placement in huntsville by another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

Not very please with the office or doctor. Didn't seem to really want to help.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

He seemed very short with me. Dr.Walker normally deals with older patients , however I am 20. I don't know if he feels like because I am young, that I am healthy. He has missed my appendix bursting, my gallbladder giving out (Because of yaz) and problems with my period. I had told him several times my problems and he would try dead end solutions and then just give up. He never seemed happy with his job. Unless you are older and have common problems, I dont believe it is worth it to see him. This office seems more concerned with money than the patients.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

The doc himself is great, but his wife runs the office and she seems very greedy. I had an office visit on a Monday and paid my $30. copay. He wanted me to follow up the next Monday, so of course my insurance had not paid yet. His wife tried making me pay my previous insurance balance plus my second copay. I had no problem with paying the $30 I owed for the second visit, but I wasn't going to pay the insurance balance. His wife said I could not see him unless I paid my balance. I called the BC number on my card and talked to a representative who called his office and suddenly I was allowed to be seen by just paying my $30 copay. When I called back to see if my procedure had been scheduled, his wife never returned my calls. The ladies at the front desk (really nice and tried to be helpful) said they weren't allowed to do the scheduling and I would have to wait on his wife to call me back. It took me going in a third time to get the procedure scheduled.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

This doctor is the best! He listened to my complaints and spent over and hour checking me out on my first visit. On subsequent visits, it wasn't this 2-minute and run out of the room deal -- he spent at least 15 minutes with me. He listens and you can tell he cares about his patients. While you may wait a bit to get in to the examining room from the waiting room (I guess due to his popularity with his patients, thus having a heavy patient load), its worth the wait. He is thorough and if he doesn't know what is wrong with you, he'll find out. Also, his wife who works in his office as his nurse is the greatest.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2007

Dr. James R. Walker's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Athens, AL