Ratings for Dr. Brian J. Meserlian

Dr Meserlian's new office is great! It is warm and modern, everything brand-new and high tech. I met a couple of his staff and I really liked them. I am definitely going back, and my entire family too.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

I went to his new office in River Dale for a job interview. Turns out the office didn't even exist yet! It was a complete construction site! Walls gutted, electrical wires hanging , a job in progress. To make matters worse his face was all black and blue! He told me he had just had some facial cosmetic surgery done a few days earlier. At the very least he should tell perspective candidates in advance his office is under construction , won't be fished for another 3 months and that the job won't be available until then. Not waste people's time. My impression was one of him being aver strange guy. Said inapropriate things and I left the interview feeling freaked out. Very weird guy.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

Dr Meserlian pulled teeth from my mouth that a later dentist said didn't need pulling. Dr meserlian said they needed pulling to avoid future problems. He said it would be more cost effective to pull the teeth now even though they may not be a problem. I should also note, that Dr. Meserlian's hands were shaking during the entire procedure which really freaked me out.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

Dr. Messerlian is FANTASTIC !! Great dentist. Have used him for about 5 years. Wouldn't trust anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

Dr. Brian Meserlian is extremely rude and to be honest, the only way to explain him is to say that he has a "GOD" complex. He pressures you to have work completed that is outside of your insurance - the pressure is so intense that I felt extremely uncomfortable and finally told him that I needed to pay my mortgage before spending thousands of dollars on dental work that is not covered by insurance. He also makes a patient sign a contract which is one sided... the patient needs to agree to all of these terms about puntuality, canceling appointments, and so on. The contract was 2 pages long and you had to initial at each point. Looking back, there were no terms that the dentist was bound to in the contract. It appears that Dr. Brian Meserlian forgot that I am hiring him...he is NOT hiring me. I couldn't wait to get my kids out of that place and to a better place for dental care.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

All reviews are correct. The staff are very nice and helpful, Dr. Meserlian is a very nice man and does good work. But he is very interested getting as much as he can. He suggested I get teeth whitening and I started laughing because he'd already sold it to me a year before, and I sometimes question if I REALLY need some of the work. I can feel a slight groove on a tooth and am told it's going to be a cavity. But given I don't like change and overall the service is good so I stay. Charging for a canceled visit as someone wrote is pretty sad. I would have brought in some medical evidence. On his part if he didn't charge people for cancellations that are under 24 hours and not be able to fill the spot he would lose a LOT of money. Jill is the best hygienist ever, ie the blond. What I don't like it he'll talk about social/political events jokingly while your mouth is open and being inspected. He should keep it neutral. Lastly, I LOVE the posters on the ceilings. Very calming.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

finally found a denatl office I like and a dentist I can trust!!!!! That brings me peace of mind.,

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

Dr. Messerlian billed me $145.00 for an appointment I had to miss due to strep throat.I called and cancelled and when I returned for my next appointment ,which was yesterday.I was informed of the charge.Needless to say ,I requested my x-rays and will go somewhere else. The office has become very materialistic and more concerned with the MONEY they can take in than the patients. He lost two good patients ,myself and my eleven year old daughter. I am a teacher who paid my bills with him through insurance and paid my co-pay on my own.....but that was really unfair to charge me $145.00 for a called in missed appointment.BEWARE !Kathleen M.Hurley

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Dr. Meserlian is amazing, and his staff is among the bet I've ever seen in the medical profession. He advertises "gentle dentistry," and he and virtually everyone on his staff is cognizant of and sensitive to that when working on a patient's teeth. I am over 50, and in all my life I have never known a dentist whose office calls a patient when he or she gets home or the day after to see how the patient feels, as Dr. Meserlian's staff does. He even makes his home number available for patients in they need him in an emergency after care. If all of that weren't enough, his "chairside" manner keeps one laughing, even with all the apparatus in the mouth! I highly recommend him, particularly for those who have had bad dental experiences in the past or are fearful of dental work. Going to a dentist is bottom on my list of pleasurable activities, but I have never had pain or a problem afterwards, and I've had some major work done. --Jessi

flag | Submitted May 23, 2008

Dr. Meserlian has been very helpful on saving my teeth. Jill the hygienist has worked hard to clean and scale my teeth and gums.Greqat dentist and staff..

flag | Submitted April 25, 2008