Ratings for Dr. James K. Chafin

He was no help with my breast ca diagnosis. Even not telling me the truth.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

He is very knowledgeable and trust him with my health issues.....

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Chafin for almost 25 years and I have absolutely NO complaints. He and all his staff are very professional, knowledgeable and caring. I have recommended Dr. Chafin to many of my friends. I have only heard good things from them.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

I transferred from another NFLOBGYN office after 1 visit.. I wanted to see Amy (a midwife) for my pregnancy. 1st office mailed out a payment plan. When I called Dr. Chaffins office & told them I had been seen by the 1st office, recept said "Were different, we have different paperwork", which arrived with no mention of payment. At 1st visit w/ Dr. Cha, they asked for a large payment (portion of 2012 deductible, my 2011 is completely met w/ 100% coverage). I was unprepared to pay, so they collected my co-pay. Office manager (Stephanie Cope) called me back to her office, did not offer a chair to sit & her first words were "SO, did you switch offices because you didn't want to pay?" then told me their payment policy. I explained my situation, she walked out then told the recept to cancel my appt. I began crying (IVF baby and I'm 39) and saying how healthcare is a joke (not in front of clients and did not yell),so she told staff to call security! Nobody wanted to pick up the phone.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Chafin for 25 years now. He is so helpful and knowledgeable. And now my daughter is seeing him and having her first baby. Very Excited....Great office staff too. :)

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

I have been a patient here for 16 years. I would not go anywhere else. Dr Chafin, Amy and the rest of the staff are wonderful

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

Dr Chafin and Amy both are wonderful he has delivered both of my babies and all 3 of my sisters kids. I had not been to his office for a few years because I was seeing my primary care for my yearly visits well I started having problems with my periods in which my primary care told me that he could not help me any more and I had to see a GYN so I went back to Dr Chafin's office and Amy immediately found out what the issue was (after I had been suffering for about a year) she found the issue in my first visit back to his office. I recommend him for OB as well as GYN visits.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Chafin for 17 years. He delivered all 3 of my children. My first pregnancy I was in labor for 24 hours and my son was delivered at 2am and he was there for that as was Amy. My next pregnancy I was in labor for a day and a half and Dr. Chafin and Amy both were there again for the delivery. Again with the third, Dr. Chafin and Amy were both there for the delivery. They are both terrific people. On a regular basis I see Amy for my yearly checks (No more babies!) and she is terrific. She always answers questions and always makes sure that all your questions are answered. If there is something you don't understand, she is never condescending. I highly recommend this Doctor and his mid-wife.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

I have been a patient at this office for 12 years. I usually see Amy Zechella (nurse practitioner). She is the BEST. But, I saw Dr. Chafin for my pregnancy. He was fantastic. He always took the time to answer any questions I had. I think the best recommendation I have for him, however, comes to my actual delivery. I was induced early in the morning and did not deliver until late at night. Dr. Chafin's hours were over and he could have just let the on-call doctor deliver my son. Instead, however, Dr. Chafin and Amy both stuck around so that they could be the ones to deliver my son. That highly impressed me. Also, I LOVE the office staff there. They treat you like a member of their own family.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2008

I've been a patient at this office for 10 years. The staff is friendly, they treat you like a person, not a number. I have and will in the future continue to recommend this office.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

Dr. James K. Chafin's Credentials

• Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Kansas City Ks 66103 (Grad. 1980)

MAMSI