Ratings for Dr. Catherine Stubbs

Dr. Stubbs has now retired so perhaps this review is not all that relevant. Although the circumstances of her retirement were understandable, her office did not do much to assist her patients to find new doctors (no one took over her practice and no list of doctors taking new patients was provided). A letter was sent informing patients that her practice would close in a month and that copies of our own files could be attained for a cost of $60 (although I sympathize with the large number of files the office had to process, this seems like a high cost given that most of the file was not copied and forwarded, only the diagnostic pages and a summary). In addition, while she was practicing, although she was knowedgable and kind (and would spend a lot of time with patients, although that meant she was always late for the next appointment) she talked too much about other patients (not by name) as well as about herself (made me wonder what she was saying about me to other patients).

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

When I was living in Vic and we had our appointments with her - as another patient stated below - she was definitely pushing circumcision, and I also strongly felt she was trying to make money off the procedure. Not only do circ. Drs make money off the amputation operation, they make $1000's selling the foreskins to medical companies. It is a clear conflict of interest, and abhorrent! Not to mention the pain, and physical damage/change in function of the penis. FORESKIN HAS MANY IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS! Including physically shielding the head of the penis, and protecting against infections. I am sure she knows this, yet her financial greed is more powerful to her than the well-being of the boys she treats. I wish she would do some soul searching and do the right thing.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

I loved dr stubbs. I had a problem that i was upset over and she was so comforting and shared some personal expeirance. she did an amaising job curcumsising both my boys. wish i lived closer so i could see her this time too

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

I have not been that impressed. I was in for a normal maternity appointment and waited 50 minutes not to mention that the office assistant snuck her friends in in front of me to get their flu shots. Very unprofessional. I don't know why the office can not be run better.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

My husband and I chose to switch maternity doctors mid-way through my pregnancy. We left Dr. Stubbs' care for various reasons. She didn't even make eye contact when we entered the room, she spent each appointment fiddling with her computer and even snacked on nuts throughout one appt. We would get test results back and she'd gloss over them providing no detail or info. It was a stressful, frustrating experience. We switched doctors and in one appointment received more information than we had in our entire time with Dr. Stubbs. I don't doubt Dr. Stubbs would be good in the delivery room, but her office manner is terrible. She needs to lose the computer, get back to focusing on her patient and remember that just because she's done all of this for year, some of us are going through it for the first time and would like to actually build a relationship with our doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

My husband and I had an uncomfortable talk with her regarding circumcision. Our standpoint is we will let my son decided when he is old enough to mutilate himself in such an archaic, and totally unnecessary procedure. Her stand was I wasn't giving him a choice. It's rather silly having to point out to a Dr. that the foreskin and related ligaments and nerves does not grow back. IMHO she is not objective on this issue and wasn't willing to listen to how much physical and emotional difficulty my husband had in life due to being circumcised without his consent when he was a baby.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Dr. Stubbs has supported me through so many difficult times, no other physician has ever come close. I don't understand some of the negative comments in this blog, because people have been fighting in droves to be her patient ever since I met her in 1981. She never claims to be perfect. Try seeing her as a human being. Cut the woman some slack - she's an amazing and intuitive physician.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

I love Dr Stubbs. My first two sons were delivered by another doc, and she delivered my third (dd). She was wonderful through my complicated pregnancy( I was hosptilized and saw specilists), she referred me to who I wanted to see, she had opinions, but never ran over mine. She rubbed my back throughout labour, and she had no problem with me getting an epidural. My kids love her( oldest is now 18). She does run late, but once you are in her office she never rushes you out. She is clean , what are people taling about? She does find out family history, alot of docs don't bother. I feel as if some anti circumsision group has found this site and gone on a rampage about it,, she never suggested it to me! I only wish she was 20 years younger so I could keep her till I retire!!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

Dr Stubbs is the best doctor in town and she is the only one I trust with myself and all of my children :)

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009

This woman shouldn't be practising, she botched up my son's circumsision, it had to be done again, by a professional. And she broke my water in her office, with a pair of surgical sissors, unsterilized and totally illegal. She asked me just to tell the hospital nurses that it broke naturally.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009