Ratings for Dr. Michael Hobart

My husband has been in pain for over a year now. The refferal was made in March, they call in June with an appointment date. We followed up at the end of October, as we heard no confirmation via mail, email, or phone call. We were told it was confirmed and than was hung up on after we waited for so long. We tried to call the office and no one answered in the time frame they said they were open. My husband had booked the time off work months in advance, and showed for his appointment, only be told it was at different time and to rebook he has to pay $200 for missed appointment. We showed our paperwork with the time on it, we did the tests prior to appointment, and no one ever called, we always called them, and they still would not let us rebook (The receptionist was very rude and condescending). From this and other testimonies about the Hys Centre, I am very disappointed. Sadly, my husband lost pay, and was upset because he is still in pain and has to start this progress all over again.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Okay. First of all, let's lay off Patsy. She is extremely busy and honestly, I have no idea how she keeps track of everything in that office. She has been nothing but straight-forward and honest with me . When you laugh with her, she will laugh too. Dr. Hobart knows his stuff. He is straight forward and very knowledgeable. Great team. As for the wait, please people, the person ahead Of you may have just Gotten the worst news of their life. Be patient.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

both times ive been here theres been a very long wait time the have to fix this problem

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Doctor Hobart performed prostate surgery on me in February 2015 and I feel it could not have been more successful. EVERYTHING is now functioning and I'm now sleeping without waking up at all. I feel like a NEW MAN. Thank you Doctor Hobart.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

HAH! Rudest receptionist I've ever met in any field. If Dr. Hobart was smart, he'd fire that vile woman and replace her with someone competent. 6 months of waiting (and then having my appointment cancelled and moved without notice, on a day in which I had 2 exams and a group presentation. Rebooked 6 weeks later. 1 hour after my appoint time (to which I was 20 min early), one of his med students he oversees (someone without an MD yet) for 5 min, asking history and symptoms. Amazing med student! Compassionate, knowledgeable, caring. 30 seconds with Dr. Hobart about 10 min later, only to be referred to his colleague in the Alberta Urology institute for an exam. Didn't examine my labs available on Netcare to all doctors, no verification of facts from his protege, complete and utter apathy of a revolving door specialist. Go elsewhere for results!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

For those who are not comfortable with Dr. Hobart - if you are looking to hear what you want to hear - he's the wrong guy - as he should be. He is straight forward and says the facts. I found him to be highly professional at all times. Yes, he can be brief but will certainly answer questions if you ask. He spent a significant amount of time with me right before the surgery and did a fantastic job. I credit my excellent recovery to his excellent work. A long compassionate conversation should be with your rabbi, priest, friends or family. If you want a highly competent well trained and concerned surgeon, see Mike Hobart. As to Patsy, when I smiled I got a smile back. When I forgot my paperwork, she provided a whole new set for me. She was happy to help and did so quickly and efficiently. Thanks also to the staff at RAH and particularly Dr. Patel who was terrific.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

Have experienced him both helpful and curt. His receptionist is great when you do exactly what she expects you to, and horrible if you don't anticipate her correctly, or if you interfere with her in any way. I have needed more follow up, which Dr. Hobart is doing for me. And I appreciate that he didn't just drop it.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I attended appointments with my husband. The waiting time about 15-20 minutes which was good. All our questions got answered. Clear directions where given for the biopsy then the surgery. I really liked the followup phone call the week after surgery to make sure everything was going OK.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Receptionist super rude on phone when trying to book an appointment! Hope the Dr. is more patient with people.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Mike Hobart is one of the best people I know and an excellent doctor. His assistant Patsy can have an edge to her but as I have gotten to know her she is a very helpful and compasionate person, she can and is often missunderstood and can come on a little strong but I can tell you she has helped me a lot.They make a great team and I trust Mike aka Mike the Plumber with my life.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014