Ratings for Dr. John Arthur

partial knee replacement in september. With Dr. Arthur's expert surgical ability and my hard work at water and land physio 3x a week (plus walking in the pool 2x week and walking everyday on land which I did on my own with physio approval of course) I will be back at work in January. Remember the surgeon can fix the knee but you have to continue with physio and your own activities daily to build up the strength and flexibility. Dr. Arthur is very busy but thorough, answers all question. He is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

After years of constant knee pain and useless doctors appointments, I was referred to Doc Arthur. He diagnosed bone on bone and Arthritis in my Left Knee and I was a candidate for 1/2 knee replcement(Unicompartmental). The surgery was a complete success and after 6 months , I wanted to play soccer again. Unfortunately, 3 years later , I re-tore my ACL in a motorcycle accident . Again ,after countless doctors appointments and painful physio, I am back to Doc Arthur who , with another Orthopedic Surgeon, are trying to find the next step to my injury. Repair the ACL, whole knee replacement, or leave it.I read what some patient have negatively written and do not believe what they say. Doc Arthur is my hero. He gave me my life back before and I am hoping he can do it again.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Dr Arthur performed a partial knee replacement for me in 2007. The new new has been a blessing. It has been five and a half years now since the procedure at UBC Hospital and I have had no problems at all. I was almost confined to a chair before the procedure.My procedure was perfored at one o'clock on a Tuesday, and I was discharged at 6:30 the next morning. I walked from my patient room to my wife's car.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

had knee replacement in sept 2011 aND IT HAS NOT HELPED ANY AT ALL, STILL IN PAIN 24/7 SURGERY DID NOT WORK AND I DONT THINK HE IS VERY HELPFUL AT ALL. I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO HIM AT ALL

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Had a knee replacement 21/2 yrs ago. The result is excellent. I ski, swim, bike etc. I'm happy! It is not a trivial recovery, I might add. A lot of pain and a year or more involved in the healing.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Extremely helpful and professional following surgery on my broken leg (which was performed elsewhere.). Particularly loved his nurse at the cast clinic at Richmond Hospital

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Total hip replacement. MIRACLE WORKER! Knows his speciality. Caring, patient answering questions, takes time for you in appointments, wonderful follow up. Very grateful to him & Pat.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

I had a total knee replacement from this doctor. I also previuosly had a few orthascopic surguries with him as well. In all my dealings with him he was absolutly great. To the point and up front with me. He gave me my life back. In my opinion a great Doctor

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Was given a new life :)had the spinal which I would recommend. I am coming up to 4 years since hip was done now it is hard to remember how bad it was!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I had a complete rupture of the Achilles tendon. Dr. Arthur performed the surgery. I am amazed to see these negative comments, as my experience with this dr. was very positive. Dr. Arthur was very helpful and very nice. The surgery went well. I fell on my injured foot few weeks after the surgery and was concerned that I re-ruptured my tendon, so I called the office. The assistant was very helpful and tried to find a spot for me , so she fit me in the next morning. Again, dr. Arthur was very nice and helpful, he thoroughly examined my ankle. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience with this doctor and I would not hesitate to recommend him to my friends.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011