Ratings for Dr. Allan H. Leung

A very busy clinic. The staff are doing their best. Dr. Leung is a kind doctor and is also doing his best to look after us. His willingness to go an extra mile to attend to our needs. We are grateful.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Our entire family is still being treated by Dr Leung but the only reason why is because it is very difficult to find a good family doctor that is taking new patients. I would not recommend anyone to see this doctor - he is incompetent, does not understand how to read lab work and you can pretty much prescribe yourself anything you want. You will be waiting for over an hour to see him, even though you made an appointment. If the college of physicians do any sort of audits - they should go see him immediately! It is truly unbelievable that he is still practicing. Many times he calls for no particular reason and requests to see us - we assume it is so that he can charge OHIP for his "services." Prior to seeing him you may have to wait in a room where other people's clinical notes are exposed. I am certain these records should be confidential. When you are finally in the room with him, it will be two seconds because he cuts straight to the point and he does not bother checking your blood pressure or weight. We did not know how horrible this doctor is until we heard of other's experiences with their doctors. I cannot recommend this doctor to ANYONE!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

very good man very nice and he is very respectful. god bless him

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Firstly, the staff in Dr. Allan Leung's office are rude and incompetent. Yes, I understand that medical offices are busy and sometimes stressful environments, but I also know that if I were one of their own family members, I would be treated much differently. Simple lessons in patient centered care and customer service is much needed for the reception staff in this office. Both the Doctor and his staff are poor at coordinating follow up calls to patients. I had a colonoscopy last year (at my own request since Dr. Leung was doing nothing to investigate my concerns); I didnt find out until a year later that the hospital who performed that procedure had also recommended an MRI. A whole year went by and no one called to say that I needed to have an MRI scheduled! Dr. Allan Leung has done nothing to try and help me with an unresolved medical issue for more than two years. He doesnt listen when I speak to him, he rushes through appointments. I question his ability to interpret lab work...he once gave me lab results which instilled fear in me, yet did nothing to explain what it meant...said he needed to look some information up. I actually plan to go much further with my complaints and concerns, NO ONE should entrust heir medical care to this man. NO ONE!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Kind and sincere. It is a busy clinic but he and his staff tried their best to help us.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I agree with the above comments - I went to this doctor for years because i lived near by. I was diagnosed with a non-living threating heart condition (that was later rectified through surgery)and it was diagnosed when I went to the emergency room only. He was not aware of the condition I had and said he needs to refer to his medical textbooks - seriously? Is it not the whole point of being a doctor is to continually research new conditions (although the one I had has been around for well over a couple of decades). I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR AT ALL.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

This Doctor relies solely on Lab works etc, he has no knowledge of anything that affects you on a day to day basis. Results from the lab will sit there until,,whenever, one has to call to see if the results are in, what if there is an emergency ??? He has very little time to talk to his patience, its like... I just need a head count !!!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

omg..ive been goin to this idiot for years and with my medical condition ha refused to continue meds prescribed to me,he IGNORES u when u speak and u need to tell him what u need,tests and referrals..go figure...ive had it with this clown,OH AND WHEN I WAS GETTING LIVER TREATMENT..WOW WAS THAT THE WORST EXPERIENCE I WENT THRU WITH HIM..UNREAL,JUST A WASTE OF MY LIFE GOING TO HIM.I WOULD NOT EVEN RECOMMEND HIM FOR ANIMALS

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

After going to this Doc for over 18 years I have finally had enough!!Not only is he inconsiderate with wait times, once you finally get to see him he spends less than three minutes with you regardless of medical condition or symptoms, his non existant follow ups are classic, and out of the three minutes he spends with you, a minute and a half is spent cutting you off at mid sentence in order to get you out of the office. I would not recommend seeing this doctor to my worst enemies.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

As most have said about Dr. Leung, the wait time is horrendous. I've been going to Dr Leugn's for over 20 yrs now. Even though I moved quite some distance from his office, I still go to him, out of the fact that he knows me from a child. Even though, I'm not very sickly or anything. I might get over the 'feeling bad' part and just might need to change the doc. But, he is a very nice guy though.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2008

Dr. Allan H. Leung's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.