Ratings for Dr. Elham Attia

My family love this doctor! She is good with kids and elderly and anyone in between. Very knowledgeable and thorough. And she doesn't hesitate to refer you to a specialist if need to.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Very nice lady, but Old School, hate educated patients and not thorough at atll. Dirty clinic, no follow up.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

We love having her as our family Doctor and would recommend her .

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Professionally very sound and not up to date with the latest methods of treatment.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

the DR is nice enough. Have been in the office and have been treated professionally. However she needs to hire people that understand the language as they cannot understand what is being said on the phone. Office needs to be cleaned better - air ducts are really dirty and have spider webs on them.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

If you like the cookie cutter approach go to her. She's old school. Doesn't think about the new technology and new coping mechanisms. Also found that she keeps wanting you to come back which is normal with most dr its how they get paid. But she was treating the same thing for 1 yr with out sending us to a specialist even though we kept saying its not working. I left since then. On the upside she is a nice lady just not a good doctor!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

We had Dr. Attia as our family physician but on the side were hunting for a new one. We barely just saw her for 2-3 years during which more than half our visits were instead made to our nearest walk-in. I have 3 little children and never in our past visits has Dr. Attia ever weighed them, or checked their height and such formalities you do at least once a year if you're the family physician. My previous family physician (back when we lived in another city) was always prompt with those measurements to tell us how our children were faring on the weight and height chart, what percentile and such. Once I twisted my ankle and Dr. Attia asked me to get an x-ray. Not having heard from her in weeks I forgot about it but my ankle pain refused to subside. Eventually I decided to go see her again to follow up on the x-ray and she right then pulled up my file and told me that I needed to go for physiotherapy sessions and that I had mild arthritis starting up in one foot. Later, I was pregnant with our third child and I did the usual bloodwork and guess what, surprise surprise, I don't get to hear from her again!!! I went to see her after a few weeks of waiting and she right then opened the envelope with my name on it inside my file and told me we were having a baby. Right then right there I knew we had to get a new physician. And are we glad! We got a great family physician for all of us who follows up constantly on our appointments, talks to us, tells us about what we're ailing from, the possible symptoms, side effects or how to make ourselves get better sooner. Basically , an informative session with a family physician as opposed to Dr. Attia's obscure smiles and yes/no answers to your questions.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I have seen Dr. Attia for many years now as my Family Doctor. She is warm and friendly, however is cautious when prescribing anything as she prefers you see a specialist first. (Not a major concern unless timing is an issue, as with anything the OHIP system has it flaws for backlog on appointments.) Overall I would give Dr. Attia 4/5 stars. I had come from a previous Family Doctor of 10+ years in the same area who was long overdue to retire and a serious drug pusher. Her approach is a practical one which does not have any conflicts with the services offered. Her hours are difficult however, as when you do make an appointment you are easily not seen for over an hour past your appointment. This can cause some frustration as she is available only during working hours. Have patience.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr Attia is fantastic. I have been seeing her for over 10 years now and I would recommend her any day. My problem is with the staffs they are ridiculously rude they have 0 patient and honestly very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I will say this doctor is warm and friendly. She is not a drug pusher, however when there are concerns a specialist appointment needs to be made. As a patient we sometimes have to have re-occurring issues a few times or stress the need for further evaluation before the specialist referral is given. I understand this is time & resources to do so, however dependant on the issue at hand, a speedy referral is needed due to painful ongoing symptoms. Overall a good doctor, but be aware even when you have an appointment the wait is normally an hour past your scheduled time.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014