Ratings for Dr. Surb S. Guram

Rude, cold, dismissive, wants to spend as little time or conversation as possible, and seems genuinely irritated when asked questions about tests, medications, and follow-ups. And boy does he love tests. Be aware that he's owner (or at least co-owner) of South Carolina Internal Medicine, which includes its own in-house testing, as well as a vein center, sleep clinic, weight loss center, etc. I never once felt like Dr. Guram had my best interests as a patient at heart. In my opinion, he seems more interested in making money. While I assume it's legal in South Carolina for a physician to own a clinic and testing facilities, it's definitely a terrible conflict of interest. Although I've had positive experiences with the nurses and staff, I do NOT recommend Dr. Guram. I've since found a new doctor, and am much happier.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

You're just a dollar sign, never seen a doctor but once. They push you off on to nurse practitioner. Front desk staff is rude and incompetent. Worst facility for healthcare I've EVER known. I've waited almost 2 hours. It's like herding cattle for them. No one cares.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

agree with the comments. very nice and helpful it seems in the beginning. then the real story unfolds as time goes on.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

he is all about the money,asked about ins.& way to pay.door hit me in azz on way out.greed

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

At first he seems very caring. He then orders all kinds of test, x-rays, vein studies, sleep studies. After his practice gets the monies from all the test he then doesn't seem to care one thing about you. He doesn't listen to your problems or issues. Very arrogant .

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

When you first meet Dr. GURAM he gives you the impression he is genuinely interested in your well being. Ot does not rake long to relize he is in it for the money and his arrogant disposition comes out. He does not listen to the patient and only listens to himself and causes out ou ro get sicker not better. He and his associates should be banned rein practicing medicine. They are not good doctors and have terrible tactics. Be aware of this place it is dangerous to your health

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

He and his associates are terrible. They don't give you what you need, so the patient needs are not met. They are too concerned about the FDA Regulations. On prior visits they were more accommodating , giving what you need. Their excuse these days are that they don't treat pain. Dr. GURAM and Dr. FULLER really suck! Ignore this practice!!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Surb Guram by a friend who sees him, I didn't have an internist, so I asked around and his name came up several times. From the first time that I met him I knew that he was going to be thorough. I had many tests and after all of them he and I sat down and he explained what I needed to do to get my health back in order. The staff is professional, punctual, and helpful. When your appointment time comes, you are called and taken care of. There is no sitting around wasting time. I am very impressed with Dr. Guram and everyone who works in the office. I must admit he runs a well oiled machine and has no time for foolishness. I would recommend Dr. Guram to any of my friends. Very thorough.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

What originally seemed to be a caring and thorough approach to my overall health.....turned out to be a (possibly) once devoted physician who's actually a shrewd businessman, promoting a variety of procedures that simply add to his immense wealth. This is a dog and pony show if I've ever seen one. From one's entry into his pricey, art filled three-storied setup, replete with the most modern and up to date labs and clinics, profit alone becomes apparent as the purpose of his little empire. He is personally a capable physician, but his "associates" are second rate and fundamentally incompetent. I've found better since.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2013

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Everytime I see him, he refers me to have so many different tests to be ran. All of these tests require a co-pay. Then, you have to make yet ANOTHER appointment (another co-pay) to get the test results back. He also doesnt refill any medication without having to come in for an appointment. I now have a new doctor who actually takes the time to listen to my concerns and who will also refill my medication over the phone. That is what good patient care is all about.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Dr. Surb S. Guram's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Fallon Community Health Plan