Ratings for Dr. C. Hatfield

My visit to Dr Hatfield was a waste of time, the woman is a scam artist with no conscience...she should not have a medical license.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

This doctor's practice is based on the marketing term "functional medicine". Before you trust her with your health and well-being and invest your money (most of her "services" are not covered by BC Medical Services Plan) be aware that functional medicine is not science-based (in spite of how it is presented) and is not accepted as valid by the larger medical community. You would do well to look elsewhere if you have a serious health issue.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Dr. Hatfield did NOT leave her practice on a medical leave or to "expand her business". She is no longer working at the hospital because she almost killed a woman's newborn due to her lack of listening skills (the mother was scheduled to have a C-section by another OB/GYN who was away when the mother went into labour and Dr. Hatfield refused to preform a C-section and even shamed the mother for not attending Lamaze classes! She finally believed the C-section to be necessary after the newborn became lodged in her mother's pelvis and had stopped breathing.) She is reputed to have the absolute worst bedside manner which, I think, is imperative for women and childbirth.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I saw an ad in our local newspaper for Dr. Hatfield's new practice, which said, "At Nowhealth, you are not treated like a number, but as an individual." She actually laughed, when I told her why I had sought her help. My experience with Dr. Hatfield was terrible and I wished at the time I had called her on her behavior. She was rude, officious and judgemental. I was actually in such a state of shock, I was speechless. I thought perhaps she was just having a bad day, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, when I saw her the second time, her manner did not improve. Now I have the opportunity to share my experience and in my opinion, this woman should not be practicing medicine with patients. And if she does continue, I would recommend she take some training in empathy, kindness, and tact. Also, she should learn to keep her opinions and thoughts to herself, since we are ALL individuals and what she thinks or has experienced in her life, doesn't mean it applies to others.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I would not recommend Dr. Hatfield. Provides a very expensive service. She appeared unable to interpret my results.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

I obtained a referral to Dr. Hatfield so I could have a second OBGYN opinion on my menorrhagia and unexplained episodic, intense/acute gynelogical pain. Office was clean, calm and contemporary. I was seated only a few minutes when she greeted me and took me to a comfortable exam room, wih looked more like an office/spa than your typical GPs exam room. She conducted/listened to my thorough history and concluded that she supported my other OBGYNs plan/opinion. Over and above, she offered me insight into the "whys" of why this could happen, specifically talkin about esteogen-dominance and perhaps high cortisol levels, explaining how and why these functions were problematic and giving me ideas as to paths we could pursue. I felt especially confident in her words as she is a medical doctor (I trust western medicine) who sees the benefit in balancing hormones and addressing underlying causes to achieve wellness. Re: her manner. She was polite and friendly. She knew her stuff as she answered all my questions, even when I asked them over again to make sure I understood. Not all drs are extroverts. Sometimes perceived quietness is not rudeness, but processing. I have already referred a friend to her.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Horrible horrible woman. So rude and arrogant, and gave me the most painful pap smear beside one from another Dr. She used the largest speculum (mind you before i had had any children)and had me in tears. She just shook her head and said I can't do anything for you, you complain to much and left. She obviously has never had someone stab her nether regions with a cold huge metal thing before or she would have done compassion. Terrible woman, stay far far away.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I have been waiting to see Dr. Hatfield for over a year because she suddenly left her practice on a medical leave and to expand her business. I did not receive any notice that she would be off of work for well over a year. I finally got to book an appointment 15 months later. Unfortunately I missed my appointment because I was the one who was late; however, I was told that in order to book an appointment I had to pay $150.00 which must be paid in full with a credit card. I don't mind having been charged a $50-$85.00 dollars for an appointment that I missed but no one should have to pay $150.00. To charge an individual this amount of money for a missed appointment is way over the top - way to much for a general family to have to pay. Is Dr. Hatfield in it for the money or for helping women? Not impressed!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

This Doctor should be commended for her diligence for seeking positive results, her compassion and her caring of patients. I have had the good fortune of meeting with a truly wonderful Doctor who has been looking after me for a year now with the most positive outcome. She is very innovative and will seek solutions to your problem even if they are considered "out of the box", seeking new alternatives and giving that with valuable information. I am truly thankful for her help and my life has totally changed being under her care regarding female issues. Her receptionist, Laura, has been a pleasure to have been acquainted with, and is wonderful too.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Dr. Hatfield gave me my worst experience with a doctor. Ever. If you get referred to her for vaginal pain I recommend asking for a different referral. She told me my problem was that I didn't distract myself from the pain. She also told me I couldn't expect her to be knowledgeable about vaginal pain. I said that of course I don't expect her to know everything, but that I had no idea who to go to for vaginal pain except a doctor specializing in vaginas. She did not give me a physical exam to even check on a possible irritation or infection, however, she wrote in my file that I had yeast. The only person who mentioned yeast was me when I told her that I had previously been diagnosed with a yeast infection. I lwft in tears, felt defeated, and that my years of pain that often kept me bedridden would be what I could expect. Luckily I found other help and have slowly been unraveling the mystery of my pain.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013