Ratings for Dr. DAVID H. Kane

Dr Kane is like being treated by a dysfunctional robot. He is more concerned about following protocol than his patient as an individual. He did not follow through with agreed upon plan and did not communicate.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

I moved here from Colorado where I had had surgery on my spine and was still having problems. After seeing two Nerosurgens I was refered to Dr. Kane. He is very knowledgable in pain management. He gave me shots that helped for a short time, my other Dr.s never could. He doesn't beat around the bush, he will talk straight to you and explain things. He would rather fix the problem than medicate it,(if possible). He has something going on in Oregon and has someone else handeling his patients, I can't say the same for him. Unfortunately, Dr. Kane isn't in the office enough and I will have to find another Dr. until he's back full time. I don't mind waiting for a Dr. if he's good, and Dr. Kane is good. He just doesn't manage his time well.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2009

Dr. Kane and his Assistant Don are extreamly knowledgeable and helpful. I had difficulty seeing another pain specialist in town and Dr. Kane was willing to see me on emergency, after that I continued with him for over a year. He is conscientious in his treatment of all his patients and therefore you may have to wait to see him. He is in demand because he cares! If you need help for chronic pain he is the doctor to see.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

I went to Dr. Kane for a "consultation." I waited two hours beyond my appointment time before being able to see him. He spent less than 10 minutes with me. He did not ask me any questions concerning my disability. Instead, he stated that I was a young healthy woman, my doctor in Hawaii was incompetent, and that I had be neglected for 19 years. I explained to Dr. Kane that I had spine related problems, and that I had back surgery in 1991. He stated that all he could make of my medical records was that I had received pain killers from Long Drugs in Hawaii and that my doctor's signature was not legible. If I wasn't interested in injections, he wouldn't help me. Afterwhich, he stood up with his laptop computer and left the room. I was left in the room wondering if that was all of my consultation, as I had no idea why he was so rude and unfriendly to me.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009