Ratings for Dr. Terry S. Newman

Unimaginable wait times. Unnecessary, expensive tests. Find another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I wouldn't call her cold or rude. I would say she is very businesslike. She got the job done and that's all I need.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

This doctor Newman runs a bunch of unnecessary tests for a normal visit to get a check up And a prescriptions filled she runs stupid test like $106 for vitamin D test and $65 for a b12 test in hope to get money out of you and leave you with a $500 bill horrible doctor horrible practicing doesn't care about you are putting you in financial hardship at all

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Expect to wait, at the very least, 45 minutes...that's once you actually get in the exam room. Initially she seemed competent and interested in getting to the root of my medical concerns but has proved to be anything but. Amazing she is still allowed to even practice. My advice: Steer clear of this one!!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Horrible wait time sometimes spend 3-5 hours, runs unnecessary tests, never has prescriptions ready on time, if you need paperwork done by her don't even bother can take up to a month and then you have to pay a 25$ form fee. Not good bedside manner either, steer clear!! On the other hand some of the other physicians in the clinic are wonderful, I recommend Dr. Tang, Cantu and Rajan!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2013

this woman has a bad attitude. there was an emergency with one of her patients while we were there that caused her to be behind. after waiting 1 hour and 45 minutes past our scheduled appointment time, with no information given about how long the wait was going to be, we walked out right in front of her. she made no attempt to even try and apologize for the extremely long wait, and in fact when i said we needed to go, she quipped "okay, goodbye!" apparently when you walk through the door of her practice(texas gulf coast medical group), the outside world and your schedule ceases to exist. and the staff, at the front desk, i complained to about the long wait and the way it was handled wasn't much better. bottom line, this docter and the practice which employs her, will get to you when they get to you. apparently i missed the part where they were paying me to be there, instead of the other way around.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

I visited Dr. Newman for the first time and was very dissatisfied with her. I didn't have to wait long, and the nurse that did my vital signs was extremely nice. Dr. Newman showed little concern for my issue, and gave me medicine which I tried. I came back 2 weeks later when the pain remained, and by the end of our second session I had a last minute question before she left and she made me point out where the pain was again. I HAD SEEN HER TWICE AND TALKED ABOUT WHAT WAS WRONG, IT SCARES ME SHE IS TRYING TO FIX AN ISSUE THAT SHE CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER. Dr. Newman, "Where is the pain again", ARE YOU KIDDING ME? They also did blood work right after I ate, so some of my numbers were elevated. I have no idea if it was from eating or truly elevated all the time. I did notice that some people spend hours waiting...probably for better doctors. Overall, if you can wait, please go to a different clinic. If not, go to the ER or another doctor at the clinic.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2012

Like the previous person stated. I have always had to spend at least 2 hours in her office. They are quick to get you back into a room and then you end up spending 1-1 1/2 hours waiting in a room. I was really sick with a fever of 105 and the last thing I wanted to do was sit in this small room for a hour and a half. Then she came in and I think I saw her for a total of 5 minutes. It was ridiculous. I am in the process of finding another doctor. She is too busy and doesn't give us the attention we deserve.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

Very busy facility. Every time I go I wait forever for her to see me(my last appt I waited for 45 min in the waiting room then another hour and a half for her to see me), and once she gets to me she spends as little time as possible. She's very cold/rude. Would NEVER recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2007

Dr. Terry S. Newman's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Webster, TX