Ratings for Dr. William R. Montiel

In Response to the comment below I would like to say Dr. Montiel has been such an amazing doctor for me, I have never had a doctor sit there and talk to me the entire time of my visit and not rush me. Dr. Montiel is the only Doctor I know who can give blocks to me without me being in pain the whole time and I AM the one who requests them. I couldn't even imagine going anywhere else!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

He doesn't listen well and is more interested in performing blocks. Gives impression he does blocks due to the money he makes on them. After he told ne nothing was really wrong with me a specialist found I not only had neck isses where I needed surgery, but also had major scapula issues. He not only gave me blocks, but gave them in wrong place along spine if there was a possibility for relief.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

Dr Montiel is an amazing doctor! He has a genuine passion for what he does. He listens to my problems and has successfully helped me manage my pain. I can now do life's day to day activities at ease. He has listend to me and he actually spends time with his patients instead of the usual "5 minute visit" I got from every other doctor before! I highly reccomend him!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Montiel is wonderful. He listens to his patients and lets you know that he will take care of you. He genuinely cares and wants to help you be able to live your life as normally as possible. He lets the patient make the decisions on the direction their treatment goes. There may be a little wait, but it's because he takes time with his patients to talk and more important to listen.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

I had been suffering with ulcerative colitis and taking a heavy round od prednisone and remicade. the drug interactions caused temporary and spontaneous paralysis in my legs. I had been through the gammit of neologists and specialists when my family doctor sent me to dr. montiel. his diagnosis: I must be depressed because "noone he's ever seen has ever had that wrong with them, so you must be depressed and this is your body's reaction". huh?? if it doesn't have to deal with exactly what he's used to dealing with, this doctor is useless. I have never been so humiliated.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

After seeing him 7 times, I showed up for an appointment he scheduled. When he came into the room he looked at me and wanted to know what was wrong with me. I was stunned and felt I was being run through like cattle. Never went back as I never felt like he listened well. He was more interested in performing thoracic blocks whether I needed them or not.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Dr. Montiel is very kind and understanding. He understands how you feel and hurt. He is the greatest Doctor I know.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Great Dr. and amazing staff. The only issue is that there is always a long wait in the waiting room and in patient rooms.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

ric and mindy are really good and professional.you should go to alabama pain management on mcqueen smith road.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2009

Dr. William R. Montiel's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1993)

GHI