Ratings for Dr. Pat McLean

I agree with most comments here! She has been useless as my doctor. She’ll literally tel me sorry I don’t know what’s wrong with you and send me for every test in the book and just refer me to other doctors. Her receptionist is a bigger moron than she is!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Pat McLean is a shame for a doctor. She is almost never at the clinic and when contacted for an appointment she sends patients to ER. She has repeatedly sent diagnosis over email without even seeing us. She's a terrible doctor and a shame to the profession. Actively looking for a new family doctor

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

worst doctor ever, uncaring, horrible hours, no bedside manner

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Very thorough, reassuring, kind, realistic, and down-to-earth.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Dr. Pat McLean is great. I've been her patient for more than 20 years. You can tell that she truly cares about your health and well being each and every visit. She's thorough and informative. I drive quite a distance to see her and have followed her during office relocations because she's worth the drive. I love the atmosphere of her new location as the staff at her last office often made me feel like I need to take up drinking but this new location is much less stressful. Definitely has a more calming feel to this new place. Anyways, Dr. McLean is a cut above and I'm glad she has taken on my family. I find it disheartening to have read any negative feedback about her. I guess everyone is entitled to a bad day. Even those with the title of Doctor added to their name. BUT...sometimes there's no pleasing certain people either so one can take that into consideration as well. Also, if your child bumps their head, it is always best to take them to emerg. or at least to a clinic with onsite diagnostics machines as that equipment is often needed. Doctor's aren't born with x-ray vision. They can only observe what you can so, yes, you should take your child to a physician with that technology in house. It only makes sense. Just my 2 cents

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr Mclean has been my/family GP for over 20 years. She is very through and takes the time to listen to better understand our health. Great doctor, we travel very far just to see her. Would not change practitioner, she is the best. Whatever booking I can get, I take. It's takes a long time to build a good relationship with a doctor so we are OK to go wherever she goes.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Direct, but she gets things done. She actually listens to you and will believe you when you talk about your concerns and takes it seriously. I have been going in circles with specialists and she's the only one who has been behind me through all of it. Without her, things would be even worse. I am so thankful. Her style may not be for everyone but the most important thing is that she actually helps.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I am a doctor myself. So what happened to my elderly parents just makes me wonder about Dr. McLean's dedication to her noble profession and her compassion towards her patients. My parents have been her patients for almost 20 years. They travelled 4 hours up and down to see her for every appointment. But lately after the introduction of changes to billing practices, they have such a hard time getting an appointment when they really need it. The admin staff with no medical experience tell them to go to emergency or walk in clinics. That is not just inappropriate but oversteps many professional boundaries. This is on top of all the attitude they have to put up with while dealing with these people every time. So they very politely brought it to the attention of Dr. McLean. They also mentioned that if getting an appointment becomes more and more difficult, they do not have a choice but to find another GP. So, instead of trying to fix the issue, they were told to find another GP! No apology provided either. I just could not believe it when they told me. If myself or any other doctor who is compassionate about their profession were faced with such a scenario, first of all we would be mortified about what our patients went through and then try to fix the issues to the best of our abilities. Failing that, we would give our sincere apologies and let them go. It is simply sad that a healthcare professional decided to treat her patients this way.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

My family and I have been a patient of Dr. McLean for over 13 years. We had an unpleasant and unprofessional situation with her staff a while ago. We recently called her office to book our annuals and were told and I quote “The doctor can’t have you anymore as her patients as there is no trust there anymore due to a “not so good review” that you wrote about her a while ago” I was speechless and disappointed in the same time. All I can say to you Dr. McLean is that TRUST is a PRIVILEGE and you can't have it unless you earn it. It’s quite a shame when your family doctor cares more about her own reputation rather than the well-being of her patients!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I've known Dr McLean since she came to Cachet. She has a sincere interest in her patients and takes time to research their conditions to offer them the best care. She can seem tough but she is really kind and caring. She is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr. Pat McLean's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.