Ratings for Dr. Albert C. Shen

I have used Dr. Shen for over a year as our family doctor and Ped after we moved to West San Jose. He is an okay and polite doctor for regular well-baby checkups, but he is NOT good for anything beyond that. Besides, he is always in a big hurry as he sees both adults and kids, and is overbooked. Last time we waited for 30 minutes, but he only spent 5 minutes with us, and didn't have time to answer my questions. I had to call the nurse and leave a voice message. And I have not heard back! I have a feeling that he wants to see more patients (for more money) and does NOT care about the patients at all. His staff hasn't been able to send the prescription over a week, and I had to call twice to request that! Worse, at the clinic Dr. Shen said "twice a day" while on the pharmacy prescription bag it was "once a day"!!! This is so unprofessional, and irresponsible. Due to his unprofessionalism and misdiagnosis, my kid's sinusitis situation has got worse. We've been to his office several times, and every time it's the same scenario: a very brief check and then the suggestion of nasal spray. It's not only a waste of both time and money, but causes a severe delay in treatment. Now my kid has developed chronic sinusitis! It really could have been prevented had he been more knowledgeable or responsible. I saw other reviewers had similar terrible experience of being seen in a big hurry and misdiagnosis, and felt bad for the kids. I can't imagine how parents can trust a doctor like this. I'll find a better, real doctor for my family.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

We've had Al Shen as our daughter's pediatrician since she was born in 2002. He was in an office near Berryessa then, but is not near San Carlos Ave in San Jose. Dr. Shen was very helpful, offered lots of information, and thorough in examining our daughter, who is our first and only child. The staff scheduled regular immunizations and our daughter never missed any of her needed shots, which was great when she was enrolled in kindergarten last fall. Most helpful was Dr Shen's ability to reassure us of all the worries that came with being first time parents. Things like feeding, what to do when she gets a cold or not eating, sleeping through the night, breast feeding, and such. He has a lot of business now because of word of mouth referrals and he has two pediatricians who work with him in his San Jose office, so wait times are now longer than before, but the quality of care is still good. All three doctors speak Mandarin, which is helpful for my wife.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

He is very nice and knowledgable, but he has too many patients, and the wait time is very very long.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

very smart and knowledgable and have an excellent relationships with his patients.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2007

Dr. Albert C. Shen's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1995)