Ratings for Dr. Duncan McCubbin

I really liked Dr. McCubbin, he was very knowledgeable and had good bed side manner. However, when he did my hysterectomy, he was also supposed to take a vulvar biopsy to diagnose a separate issue. (Possible lichen sclerosus.) The biopsy was supposed to be taken near the clitoral hood, but he took it from an entirely WRONG spot. He took it from the bottom of my right bum cheek. He said it was because the skin there was different. (Yes, it was, but it was a scar from a VERY large cyst that I had years ago.) I was very disappointed. This was March of 2016. Now, I am finally seeing a different gyno to get the biopsy done again. Over all, he's an excellent doctor, but the biopsy did leave me feeling a little less trusting.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

He delivered my second child and did my hysterectomy absolute awesome! Very kind and helpful!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I had gone to see him for pelvic pain and without an exam he told me I had ibs and prescribed medication for it. I knew I did not have this and left very upset. He refused to see me ever again and I had to wait almost a year for another appointment with another Dr.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Started seeing Dr mccubbin during my egtopic pregnancy a few months later took on the care of me and my next baby. He always handles any worries and make sure to take the time to do test's to make 100 percent sure that me and baby fine. He answered all kinds of questions and phoned me on his days off to give me my results from my egtopic.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Best DR ive ever had. Cares for his patients great bed side mannor. Hid staff is amazing.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Excellent doctor. Explained the procedure really well, and put my husband and I both at ease. Excellent bedside manners. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

very thankful to have him take care of my surgery. He was companionate, informative, well mannered and made me as comfortable as possible during a hard time.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Love Dr Mccubbin. He delivered my first sin and I was with him for my prenatal care for my other 2 children. He was great at answering questions and very friendly. Love his receptionist and nurse as well. If I had another baby, I would gladly go back to him :)

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Would never have this doctor again. At first he was very nice however after 2- 3 appointments he stopped coming in only popping in at the end and instead left me with a student. Given I was a high risk pregnancy I wasn't too sure about this but didn't think he would put me or my baby at risk. At about 26 weeks I learned my blood group had not been tested, given I am a negative blood group with a history of pregnancy problems I thought this was very lax. My second to last appointment with him he came in at the end of the appointment and completely disregarded all my concerns that something was wrong, everything was within normal perimeters even though my son's heartbeat was slower and his movement was less. 4 days later my son died and he was stillborn the next day. My final appointment was to go through everything, he didn't acknowledge the loss of my son, was rude and very abrupt. He acted like he didn't care at all. The staff at the hospital are nothing but caring and helpful, it's a shame they are associated with a doctor who obviously needs to move on due to his lack of interest in his job and the well being of his patients.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

He is very patient and cares about your well-being. And he explains things in detail and makes sure you understand what will happen. I enjoy going to see him because he puts me at ease and is not judgemental.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015