Ratings for Dr. Robert Newman

He tends to give limited answers to medial questions so ask for alternate options and full explanations.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

He has been our family doctor for over 20 years - so sorry to lose him. Excellent physician - overworked but always friendly and helpful. Listens carefully and makes referrals when needed.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2010

I am a difficult patient, dealing with fibromyalgia. Doctor Newman has been great, searching for 8 long years to find me help. Fibromyalgia is a difficult condition to diagnose and treat, but he's done everything in his power to make sure that I can function relatively normally on a day-to-day basis with medication, massage therapy, and exercise. He's incredibly knowledgeable and sympathetic to his patients, and does a wonderful job. I agree that he seems overworked, but sadly, aren't most doctors these days? I would not hesitate to reccomend Doctor Newman to someone, and after moving to Fort St. John and not being able to find a doctor who could continue to help me manage my condition, I decided to travel to Dawson Creek to see Doctor Newman. I really hope he doesn't move...but if he does, I wish only the best for him and his family in the future. :)

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Very good and if he has any problems he does not hesitate to send you to a specialist

flag | Submitted September 11, 2007

I was in terrible pain with during my first labor. Dr. Newman was on call and came in at 3 AM to put in my epideral.His gentle manner and humor made me relax and soon the anesthetic kicked in and I was pain free. I think he is wonderful.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2007

He has been our long time family dr. and has delivered all 3 of my kids. He is very friendly and caring to my whole family.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

I have found him to be excellent. Outstanding dealing with older people with health issues. Doesn't require unnecessary tests or appointments. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2007

Good Dr. Doesn't want to push pills. tries to get you to work things out first.Very over worked. Seems to have a lot on the go. Office nurse, excellent. Seems very knowledgeable and gets us in to see the Dr.when needed. all in all good experiences.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2007

I moved to Dawson Creek in 2000 I was 26, and he was the doctor they assigned at the clinic. I never had my hearing tested, and had been having problems hearing lower sounds or voices. I went in to see if I could get a hearing test, he said 'the testing unit' only comes to Dawson Creek every so often, but said that he could do a test for me at the appt. I was happy, and then he went in the corner and told me he would whisper numbers and I could put a hand over one ear and listen to see if I could hear it. So he whispered numbers and I replied and then made me switch ears, did it again, and when I answered all of his 'whispered number' test, he said I was fine and shouldn't worry. At the time, I felt stupid for even coming to the appointment. Later I brought up my 'hearing test' with someone... they couldn't believe ridiculous this was. If that weren't enough, I also had serious problems with my tonsils, I had print info off internet to get surgery for them. I changed doctors!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

negelcted to inform me that my son was supposed to be taking medicine prescribed by the specialist.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2007