Ratings for Dr. Val Mueller

Dr. Mueller is either extremely overworked or has an extreme lack of devotion to both her profession and her patients. I say this because she had no idea what was going on throughout my pregnancy, always seemed to be missing information in my personal file and making promises she would follow up with my condition, yet never did. She was unable to provide any insight into my high risk pregnancy nor offer any helpful knowledge. My concerns and inquires were followed by negative responses such as 'I don't know I'm not a baby doctor', 'I wouldn't know I'm not a hemotologist', 'I couldn't tell you I've never dealt with this'. Needless to say I have a lack of confidence in her abilities and no respect for her awful bedside manner. Overall Dr. Mueller is an individual which a high risk expectant mother should not have to encounter.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I read all the negative comments before going to Dr. Mueller and therefore was hesitant to how my first o.b. appointment would go. And I can't believe how awesome she was. She was so thorough, and went through my whole family history first. She asked me what i knew about my twins, and gave me all the information i needed. I did not feel rushed at all (as i did with my first pregnancy my o.b. was horrible) She did a quick ultrasound with her portable device to check on my babies, and was there to listen and answer all my questions. I had an hour appointment. I feel that I am in very good hands. She was personable, caring and knowledgeable, everything you would want in your O.B. i'm thankful for my family doctor for referring me to her. and Thankful she comes to Guelph every week ! When i called her a couple times on her pager, she calls you back so promptly! it's a blessing truly to have a nice doctor like that! I'm no longer hesitant for my follow up appointments to say the least.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I was admitted to the hospital due to an ectopic pregnancy. I waited 8 hours for Dr. Mueller to tell me she needed to call another doctor as she is unfamiliar with ectopic pregnancies. How does someone become an OBGYN without having knowledge of ALL aspects of pregnancies? Numerous times, Dr. Mueller would tell me she would be back in 10mins but wouldn't return for over an hour. The last time I saw her she said she PROMISED she would be back in 5 minutes....she never returned. Now, she was supposed to discharge me from hospital 5 hours ago and yet the nurses still have not had a reply from Dr. Mueller. Dr. Mueller is the most unreliable and unknowledgeable dr I have met. Her student was more helpful and knowledgeable than her.

Submitted October 18, 2014

She is not only the worst doctor in the world, but I am convinced that she is the worst person in the world. She was my obstetrician about three years ago and was absolutely awful. I would never recommend her to anyone. Trust me, you can always do better than Dr. Mueller.

Submitted October 3, 2012

very unhelpful and very rude; she should definitely work on becoming a nicer person.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

She had no respect for any of her patients time. When my appointment was at 8 Am, I was still there at noon. I actually walked out on 2 separate appointments. I had 2 concerns about my pregnancy, and all she could say was "Don't Worry" . I couldn't tell if she was knowledgable since she avoided my questions with "Don't Worry... Everything is fine" Thank Goodness I ended up seeing her Partner at the Time. I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

What an amazing woman! I had her for my Obs/Gyn at MUMC in 2003. I was on bed rest in hospital for 5 weeks & I could not have asked for anyone better! She was so caring and very attentive. I remember that she came in when I turned 25 weeks, I was sleeping so she wrote on my notepad: Happy 25 weeks! If you need anything ask the nurse to page me. :) I thought that was the nicest thing! I would love to have her as my doctor again! This is what a nice good doctor is all about!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2008

SUCH a wonderful doctor !! If it wasn't for her and Dr. Smith, I shudder to think. Had her for the last 2 months of my first pregnancy and throughout my entire 2nd pregnancy, which ended in me being hospitalized when my water broke at 33 wks, 5 days. My boy was born 5 weeks, 2 days premature by c-section. Dr. Mueller was the dr. I saw when I got to the hospital and she was very reassuring and made sure that I had the information I needed, she was the dr when I had my 2nd induction and made a valiant effort to get me into labour and when it didn't work suggested a c-section. Unfortunately it was right at shift change, so Dr.Smith ended up delivering my son. Pregnancy was complicated and she kept very good track of my son and I, we were seeing her and/or Dr. Smith every other week at one point ! Noting but love and respect for this wonderful woman ! Thank you !!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

I cant think of a single positive thing to say. I kept telling her that I was having problems to which she fluffed off as being a complaining pregnant woman. My BP sky rocketed to 140's over 90s to which she ignored, as a result both my child and I nearly died. I had extensive swelling as a result, again she did nothing, my last visit, I was 39wks, high risk pregnancy high BP lots of swelling my appointment was 15minutes. 2 days later im in ICU with cardiomyopathy, heart doctor confirms was a result of her actions. Her boss deliver my child by emergency csec, my poor husband and family were told repeatedly that either I or baby or both would die. And did she ever come to see how we were NO, she sent Dr Smith in her stead, guess she knew what would happen if I or any of my family ever saw her. I would have been better of being treated by ahomeless man than from her, I will never see her again except in court.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2008

Dr. Mueller was very knowledgeable and seemed to really know her stuff. However due to a loss we already had earlier in the year, I felt she was a little on the negative side. It seemed at every appointment she didn't offer information up unless we asked. I think she does think fast when she has to, but at appointments she seems not very optimistic or reassuring, even when you need it most. Overall, she seems highly intelligent, I think she just needs to be more reassuring.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008