Ratings for Dr. Michael Matthews

Wonderful doctor, very knowledgeable, warm,great bedside manner, has a sense of humour, takes time with patients.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Michael Matthews is a great GP. - Fantastic really!! - He has a good demeanour and is gifted in his knowledge and extremely helpful with advice. I would rate him a 5 for 5... I understand that when he was a student at the University of Toronto's Medical School that he graduated first in his class!! I am not sure where any downside is - and - btw... I have been his patient for over 30 years.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Love Doctor Mike!. Helpful, Knowledgeable, Caring, and Kind. He takes the time you need to be heard.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Great doctor! Listens, and gives you the time; you never feel rushed. (I used to see a young doctor, and I could barely get a word in, before he was directing me to the door.) Be prepared to wait, however, for up to an hour--I don't mind, given that at the end of it I will have a productive visit. Receptionist doesn't have a warm-and-fuzzy manner, but ultimately does her job. That is good enough.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Not a fan at all. The wait times are horrific at best and he has contradicted himself on several occasions. I basically have had to diagnose myself and convince him to follow through with tests to prove it to him. So far I've been right each and every time. Due to the poor advice I've moved on to a natural path who has actually fix all issues I've had AND diagnosed a few things that had be lowing my quality of life. Now I'm in a better state than ever.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

He has been my doctor for many years. Be prepared to wait but also to have him listen to your concerns. His staff are helpful, especially Laura who has been there forever. Good luck finding another MD in the area. I've had several urgent problems and have been referred on to a specialist in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Matthews your the best. Great listener, always interested in you and your medical needs, always follows up on issues, , compassionate, caring, a true professional, I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

The receptionist is one of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. She literally hangs up the phone on me every time I call. Dr Matthews is goo however is you want to feel welcomed, steer clear of the receptionist.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

The receptionist is absolutely brutal: she's rude and dismissive. If Dr. Matthews wasn't so good I would switch.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Receptionist is rude & overworked but must be quite skilled to manage 3 doctors. Punctual means being seen one hour late. Waiting room is full of seniors. So why go to Dr. Matthews? He listens and doesn't cut you off. He will listen to more than one problem at your appt. He will call you at home at night if need be. I respect a doctor who knows when to refer to specialists. He is a doctor who leaves the office at night after all his patients' needs have been addressed. Treating seniors requires great listening skills, good bedside manner, and is very time consuming. So if your main criteria for choosing a doctor is punctuality, you'd better go elsewhere. But if you understand how difficult it is to find a dedicated, not-in-a-rush individual who listens, doesn't watch the clock,and who enjoys practising medicine,look no further.And for those who think it was worth commenting on the "dated" office look, why weren't they reading one of dozens of magazines in his waiting room for the hour?

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013