Ratings for Dr. Jed A. Groom

We came to DR Groom from another DR that was letting patentes fall through the cracks because he was doing to many things out side of his practice. DR Groom is the kind of doctor that takes the time to make sure that you know what is going on and that you know what the problem is. Because of this his schedule some times gets backed up, but it seams that most of his patents know this and accept it. If he has a patent that is bed ridden at home he has made house calls for these people what doctor does this?

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

First of all, I use HMSA, which should be listed in the options, since so it's what so many patients carry here. My family has gone to Dr Groom for a while, and really like both him and his staff. Just this week they went out of their way to fit me in for a needed test. They're also currently updating their record keeping. It's too bad the previous reviewer had difficulty, but some cases do have to be considered more urgent than others --with all doctors. And here on the Big Island we also do have a doctor shortage. I'm not at all surprised that he couldn't find one that is presently taking patients!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

Got in argument with one rceptionist because of another patient getting almost immediate admission while I had been waiting over 2 hours (after recepionist insisted I be on time or lose appointment when I asked if I could be a bit late). Receptionist went and told Dr. Groom of my uproar and his nurse came back with order to leave or police would be called. Even though a long time calm patient, he never asked for my side of the story. I tried other Drs., one's receptionist called Dr. Groom's office to see if she could get him to hear my side of story. Someone said they would get back to me. They NEVER did. One could believe that they are not helping when my records are requested or whatever because all doctors in small town have now said they are not taking new patients. Dr. Groom should have asked to hear my side of story. Instead, he looked away as I saw him through the door as his nurse told me to leave with my saying "This action is wrong.". Such POOR JUDGEMENT with an 82 year old.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. Jed A. Groom's Credentials

• University Of Hawaii John A. Burns School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

MB Health