Ratings for Dr. Lyle Micheli

After 8 years of searching for my daughter's problem I requested a referral to Dr. Micheli. He took things one step at a time, diagnosing each problem until he found the major one, a congenital condition, that had been missed by every pc, orth and neurologist we had seen. He referred us to the best specialist for surgery and then guided PT following the surgery, enabling my daughter to return to all of the sports and activities she loves. Yes, we sometimes waited hours because he is a dedicated, excellent doctor, who wants to help everyone who seeks his medical expertise - and he is an expert, the best of the best. He listens to the patient, does not linger, but is an excellent diagnostician and gets excellent results. My daughter first saw him in 1996, had surgery in 1998, and he is the first doctor she would call today with an ortho problem. He also considers alternative therapies when appropriate, another plus for Dr. Micheli.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

My daughter (age 11 had ACL surgery last Aug. 09.I have been to his office many, many times and never felt that our wait was long.He is a very busy doctor who tries to accomidate all. He has always given my daugher the opportunity to speak and is an attentive listener. He did not rush her and did not run out of the office when she broke down. Recently we called with some concerns and had an appointment right away. Found out that she tore her meniscus. We are from NY - and his staff got us an appointment for an MRI that day, in Boston. Dr. Micheli then saw us again right after the MRI where his suspecisons were confirmed. His staff even offered to find us a hotel to stay at because we missed our ferry. What more could you ask for - a top notch doctor, and an attentive and helpful staff. My daugther is 12 now, and my husband and I feel fortunate that she is in such good hands.We live 6 hours away from Boston and only 21/2 hours from NYC. Boston @ Dr. Mi Micheli is our choice.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

He operrated in my son's knees in both legs, he did an incredible job!!! He also operated in my daughter's knee and she is also back playing club and varsity soccer without any problems.I would not let anybody else other than Dr. Miceli to operate in my kids.He is the best sport medicne Dr. that I ever met!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2010

Dr. Micheli did a great job reapiring my knee. I can now go back to soccer and horse back riding competitively. I would recommend him to anyone! He helped me so much and I always enjoyed my visits with him more than any other doctor. Thank you SO much Dr. Micheli!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

Dr Micheli is not as good as people say. I'm tring to figure out why he is thought to be such a great doctor. He destroyed my knees and claimed physical therapy would fix it. He was wrong. I have waited as long 5 hours to see him for three mins and him not even do a physical exam on my knees.

Submitted February 23, 2010

He loved physical therapy too much, he made my knee worst and than claimed 'nothing was wrong' despite my kneecap was dislocating in front of him and that I wasn't giving physical therapy enough of a try. I waiting at least 3 - 4 hours, and one time 7 hours. No joke. You constantly see a different resident. Don't go to him - he is highly overrated.

Submitted February 23, 2010

Dr. Micheli is such a great doctor, I always enjoyed seeing him and he was so helpful with getting my back on my feet after a gymnastics injury. He really cares about his patients! I highly recommend him!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

I started going to Dr Micheli looking for a 2nd opinion for a surgery proposed to me by another "surgeon". Dr Micheli was honest, down to earth and pleasant. Loved his staff and support team. Try as they did to push out my need for a total shoulder replacement, it was impossible. BUT, he was not adverse to referring me to a shoulder specialist at BWH. Dr Micheli was up front and honest. He was not afraid to tell me the truth and discuss my options. I was never uncomfortable speaking with him. And, I'm totally greatful for leading me to the surgeon who did my replacement.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2009

Best doctor for sports surgery. He treated my daughter ( major surgery) for a basketball injury and she was back to softball within three months.The wait in his office is worth the outcome. Would never use any other surgeon for a childs orthopedic needs. Thanks so much Doctor you truly are an expert in your field

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

After linigering foot problems due to an injury I went to Dr. Micheli. I found him distant, rushed and not very concerned. I would spend much time in the waiting room or an exam room, see a PA and then spend aobut 3 minutes with him. I never found him sympathetic to my complaints. Only with much questioning could I get him to suggest another course as he couldn't resolve my foot/andkle problem.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

Dr. Lyle Micheli's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Lyle Micheli is an Orthopedic Surgeon and Director of Sports Medicine Division at Boston Children's Hospital. Dr. Micheli specializes in ACL and knee injuries, dance medicine, and other sports medicine injuries.

• English

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1966)

• ACL injury