Ratings for Dr. Mandana Kaviani

When I went in the doctor rushed me, I didn’t feel like she even listened to my concerns. I waited almost an hour to see her and before I could even say anything to her as she walked me out she had her next patient already and closed the door in my face. Then when I went to talk to the receptionist she was very rude and off putting. I will not be going back as I was a royal WASTE of my time as I took 2 days off school and work to have gotten NOWHERE with my diagnosis. I wish I could rate this place .5 of a star. JUST AN AWFUL doctor that I would never recommend to anyone. Such a waste of time at this clinic that didn’t help what so ever.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

In my experience, this doctor was more interested in listening to her own voice than anything I could have to say as a patient. She was rude, arrogant and argumentative. But, if you don't mind waiting in the grimy waiting room for ½ hour and leaving her office in dumfounded wonderment then Dr, Mandana Kaviani may be right for you. Good Luck!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I went to Dr. Kaviani for allergy testing after a wasp sting. She recommended a blood test, which I got the same day. A day later I was asked to make an appointment for a skin test - I asked the receptionist why, and whether the blood results came in yet. She said they hadn't but that I should come in and it would be a $100 charge. I went in and they began the testing before I spoke with the doctor. When I met with her, she explained they needed the skin test to 'confirm' - but that my blood test showed allergies to all 4 types of wasps so she recommended treatment. She did not even look at the skin test results - I felt this was a money grab. She also never had my information correct, citing she recommended treatment because I had a severe reaction where I was vomiting and dizzy - which was not the case at all. The reception staff were unhelpful in general, but the two nurses working with her were very nice. Overall, she failed to answer a lot of questions throughout the process. If I seek treatment, I will go to another doctor for a second opinion as I do not trust hers and the communication of facts were poor.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I saw Dr. Kaviani today after having hives all over my body for the past two months to the point where they leave brushing. I told her my symptoms including shortness of breath and chest pain as well as lip swelling. She was very condescending and kept telling me I was not allergic to anything, even though I have had immediate reactions to after eating dairy. She kept telling me not to worry about it and its basically all in my head. She was very confusing and kept talking over me, ignoring my frustration. She handed me a brochure and told me to continue to take antihistamines every day. I left her office in tears. I am going to see a naturopath and get a second opinion. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

I met Dr Javuani in July 2016 for my extremely annoying ithcy throat episodes. She was very attentive, helpful, and detail oriented. She had a very scientific approach and was up to date with latest research, which I - myself a biomedical researcher - found quiet reassuring. Unlike many doctors I have been to, I didn't feel at all that she was in any rush. She spent a solid one hour to test me and talk me through the diagnosis, wish I found very helpful. She answered all my questiobs with latience abd kindness and was careful enough to notice a minute change in skin test right before I left, which led to further examination and a positive diagnosis. She gave me a detailed plan for further testing and treatment and some educational material to read. Overall, I am happy that I met her after a miserable allergy season. I found her very knowledgable, down to earth and helpful. Her staff were also great!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Kaviani was awful! She was confusing, contradicting, and didn’t answer any of my questions. I even heard her getting angry at her receptionist in front of a room full of people! So un professional. The only plus side to this appointment was that I only had to wait 2 weeks to get in, but now I see that is probably because she is not a good doctor. All I got out of this appointment was a prescription for a nasal spray, which my family doctor could have given me. Total waste of my time.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I have been dealing with a severe allergy to something (not sure what) for 10 months now where I swell up at various areas of my body including my tongue and she dismissed my allergy as stress related or hereditary condition. I am very keen and have done my research, seen multiple doctors for their different input and kept a detailed journal with photos all of what she didn't care for. I tried to tell her my findings, she spoke over me and told me to journal and take photos (was she not listening when I said that I did!?) After telling me, in a condescending tone, that I am not allergic to anything I showed her the photos (I almost had to tie her to the chair to stop her from leaving the room - and I waited 3 months for the appointment...) and she said "oh this does look like an allergy" and wrote me a prescription. I threw it away and am looking for a new doc. I don't want to be filled with meds, I want to know what is making this happen thank you very much. Lord! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SYSTEM! Do people not care about people anymore? What world are we living in?

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Complete waste of time. This is yet another "specialist" in the conventional medical system that is so brainwashed that she cannot think outside the box. She would not listen to my concerns and refused to draw the link between obvious food sensitivities and the symptoms I experienced. She tried to offer me dietary advice which I found completely useless as I could have obtained much more valuable information online and through self education. This woman kept speaking over me and did not allow me to really explain my situation, after a while I just gave up and waited until she was done and I left. She wanted me to do a couple tests but I'm not even going to waste my time further with this broken medical system that "treats" health issues rather than uncovering the root of the issue and seek to resolve and address the cause. Frustrated by this experience, but then again I am not surprised. I am however baffled by the calibre of the doctors in our medical system, what a joke.

Submitted August 13, 2015

She was very helpful. Was the first person in 10 years to provide a diagnosis to my problem. Went out of her way to listen to my symptoms and ask questions that enables he to come to a diagnosis. I found her and her staff very helpful. You so have to listen carefully to her but she is very knowledgeable. Many thanks!

Submitted July 19, 2015

Dr. Kaviani was professional, listened, gave a thorough analysis, and I left feeling that my needs had had been fully met. The receptionist and the nurse were cheerful and made me feel welcome. Dr. Kaviani probably spent more time with me than had been allotted so everyone behind me was likely frustrated with the waiting. Sorry for that!

Submitted October 22, 2014