Ratings for Dr. Douglas L. Marciniak

Dr. Marciniak implanted a pacemaker in me to replace one with a drained battery. He listened to my concerns and had a plan in place to cover any potential complications in my specific case. He did an excellent job of surgery and of answering questions before and after surgery. His surgery staff was the best. Great, caring people!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr. Marciniak is probably the best doctor that we could ever have. My husband was taken to the hospital in April 2008. He had to have emergency surgery for two stents in his heart. No biggie. What no one knew was that he also had many ulcers. The blood thiners caused him to bleed out. This doctor was off the next day but when he heard what was happening he came right back to the hospital and stayed with my husband for the next 24 hours. Not many doctors will do that. It was a long road but he pulled my husband through. Ubtil the day my husband went in we had never used him as a doctor but will use him from now on. I would reccomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

This Cardiologist is frightening. I caution any and all to be quite careful if you select this person to be your doctor. To give you specifics: this doctor actually implanted my pacemaker then declared I was faking a fainting spell in his office because my pulse was remaining steady. He seemed to overlook that I also suffer from hypoglycemia and autonomic dysfunction, both of which cause syncope and both of which he was aware. Further, he never seemed to have an answer to any reason why something wasn't right with my heart. He always said he just didn't know. It was his favorite saying. He once even ran a dangerous test on me while arguing with someone on the phone instead of monitoring my condition. Of course he never once looked up to see how I was doing but reported I did fine. I could go on and on with this doctor but you get the idea. I changed Cardiologists because he was just plain scary. Summary: run don't walk to the nearest exit.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

Dr. Douglas L. Marciniak's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1979)

• BCBS Illinois