Ratings for Dr. Thomas H. Cawthon

This doctor actual put in too small a stent in my renal artery. He first denied it but eventually owned up to saying it in the operating room. I tried to tell him I was wide awake and heard him but he "Be Quiet!" I went thru torture at Baptist Hospital. He waited 2 weeks with a 60% blocked artery and by the time I got the stent it was 80% blocked and on numerous non-working bp meds. I suffer more dementia from this man for having to wait. 1 size too small and that means the risk to replace it is too much to proper size it. He actually stated to the assistant doing it with him that he wished he could flange it. A word I do not use. After I reminded him of those words he then owned up to doing the wrong size. I asked for records and it took six months to get 1 page and they told me the rest were lost in the basement. I accepted his apologies, anyone could make a mistake, the way I see it but he put off my follow up till my insurance expired but his mind was not on me only a lawsuit.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

Staff and Doctor very cordial and knowledgeable. Answered all questions about tests and condition.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

Dr. Thomas H. Cawthon's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)